Hollywood Collectors Gallery "Batman" (1989) Cowl Prop Replica

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 40726

Freakalicious
Reaction score
Has anyone purchased or seen a "Batman" (1989) Cowl Prop Replica (Batman 1989 Cowl Prop Replica) from the Hollywood Collectors Gallery?

I'm very tempted to buy one for myself, but they're not particularly cheap so I'm keen to see whether anyone here can give me a verdict on the item's quality.

If anyone has some photos of the product, too, it would be fantastic to see them!

I was looking at this a couple weeks ago. Pricey but cool. I haven't heard that this has even shipped yet.

According to Alter Ego's site, which is where I was looking at it, it's still a preorder.

I was looking at this a couple weeks ago. Pricey but cool. I haven't heard that this has even shipped yet.

According to Alter Ego's site, which is where I was looking at it, it's still a preorder.

Apparently there are stores in Melbourne (Australia) that have it in stock now.

Interesting. I'm tempted to order this and the batarang set being offered.

The Batarang set looks amazing, too. I just really wanted to get a better understanding of the cowl's quality before I parted with the money.

I thought about getting one, but its just an original sculpt with no direct lineage to one of the original cowls

It's based on the 89 cowl but I think DVD was just saying it isn't made from a cast or computer scan of the original or something like that. I'm fine with it being an artist sculpt based on the original.

It's based on the 89 cowl but I think DVD was just saying it isn't made from a cast or computer scan of the original or something like that. I'm fine with it being an artist sculpt based on the original.

Thanks for the explanation - that makes more sense.

Are products released by the Hollywood Collectors Gallery typically good quality?

Was surprised to see earlier that this has already started shipping. I have this on PO and that means I now have to make funds for this LOL (it's almost a year overdue, though)

It's not cast using a screen-used cowl as a mold, but it's sculpted by Hiroshi Katagiri who's done sculpts for movies including Pacific Rim. I don't think he sculpted the sonar cowl but I agree that one looked cheap and is undersized. This one though, seems to look great.

Here's a photo posted by an OSR member on Facebook (that's how I found out that this prop replica's already released)

1911852_10152315073531216_2021346263968579989_n.jpg

Was surprised to see earlier that this has already started shipping. I have this on PO and that means I now have to make funds for this LOL (it's almost a year overdue, though)

It's not cast using a screen-used cowl as a mold, but it's sculpted by Hiroshi Katagiri who's done sculpts for movies including Pacific Rim. I don't think he sculpted the sonar cowl but I agree that one looked cheap and is undersized. This one though, seems to look great.

Here's a photo posted by an OSR member on Facebook (that's how I found out that this prop replica's already released)

1911852_10152315073531216_2021346263968579989_n.jpg

That looks pretty decent, actually.

I have the Hollywood Collectibles 89 Cowl and it's amazing. I just bought the toynami Batman Returns can't wait to see them side by side.

That's great to hear, GHS2054. I've always wanted to get the Toynami Batman Returns cowl (IMO it's the better cowl compared to 1989 with all the sharper contours and more comic-accurate bat-emblem), though I'm too late and it's too expensive to get now.

Got mine yesterday, way earlier than expected :) 230/750. Really pleased with the quality. The base looks really good and is of good quality as well. Scale seems perfect to me, unlike their Sonar Cowl which looks undersized.

10628112_10152454799501592_2700432791392154065_n.jpg

Finally got a chance to do a side by side pic of the Hollywood Collectors 89 Batman Cowl and Toynami's Batman Returns Cowl.
Batman Cowls II.jpg
Hollywood Collectors Batman Cowl #176/750
Toynami's Batman Returns Cowl #232/500

Back