My Brian Wilson 1:6 Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pixletwin

Malalaking Gagamba
Staff member
Super Moderator
CF Supporter
Reaction score
This thread is mostly for Batty but for anyone else interested here are my pix of the 1:6 Brian Wilson figure.

The packaging is kinda plain and flimsy (which really would've sucked if I had bought the autograph edition, since that package is made from exactly the same material). But plastic mold is definately collector friendly since there are no twisties or ties of any sort and Brian fits snugly inside.

BW2.jpg

The face sculpt is quite good (which you could tell from the pics which were posted on BrianWilson.com, but have been taken down since) but the paint apps are kinda toy-ish looking. I may have to send the head to a pro. :D

BW5.jpg

The clothes are well tailored and the buttons have a nifty navy insignia on them (which you can kinda see in this pic):

BW6.jpg

Over all I think he is pretty cool and being a HUGE Brian Wilson fan it was an oppurtunity I could not pass up. Oh yeah, the hands are bendies. THIS ONE IS FOR MIKE LOVE!!! :lol :D :monkey3

BW9.jpg

I'm really glad you got him, Pix. I'm hoping that after the onslaught of the 1Q I'll be able to get one for myself.

I'm going to see if I can locate those production shots. Does it say who the sculptor is on the box? You can definitely tell it's Brian. A repaint would really make the sculpt stand out. You also might want to think about replacing those awful bendy hands. The jacket looks good, and the detail on the buttons is a nice touch. Maybe you could get a little fireman's hat to recreate the SMiLE sessions! :lol

I love this shot! It's the least Mike Love deserves.

BW9.jpg

I'm with Batty on this (and most everything else for that matter :lol )

Pix, so great to see you snagged this piece, I'm a huge believer in sixth scale Music Legends and see this genre coming on strong in the years to come.

Okay, outfit is great, well tailored and the sculpt is definitely there IMO and it reps Brian well, his mood, his "look" (I actually met BW in Santa Monica a few years ago, he was strolling past a restaurant with his wife? on the 3rd St promenade and was very gracious and unpretentious for such a genius)

Now, my opinion? When you get a figure of a beloved icon which has a great outfit/tailoring, a good sculpt and you want it the best it can be, customize it, meaning have a pro like Les repaint it... when you get him back you won't be able to take your eyes off it and you will be very glad you did because it will then be a one of a kind Brian Wilson... this is what I did with my HT Supes and I wouldn't have it any other way.

If you must, go ahead and get a dupe BW for posterity and reference, it will help you with your decision too...

Now, go do it!

Last edited:
Batty said:
...Does it say who the sculptor is on the box? You can definitely tell it's Brian. A repaint would really make the sculpt stand out. You also might want to think about replacing those awful bendy hands. ....

Thanks for the kind words everyone. :duff

No credit to any sculptor is given on the box. I think the link on the website which was taken down did and even had a picture of the sculptor.

The bendy hands do get on my nerves (tho' they are useful for communicating certain messages)... I may replace the whole body... I don't even know what kind of body he is on.. the articulation isn't terribly impressive. It makes the Art Buck look like the cutting edge.

As for a repaint... I am leaning towards that cliff and may take the plunge.. Les, are you available? :lol

pjam said:
I'm with Batty on this (and most everything else for that matter :lol )

:rock :lol

pjam said:
Pix, so great to see you snagged this piece, I'm a huge believer in sixth scale Music Legends and see this genre coming on strong in the years to come.
I really wish this is the direction Sideshow had taken in the Legendary Musicians line. I hope the PFs do well, but I have a feeling a lot more of us would jump at 12" figures. With accessories, the ability to pose a musician seems more appealing.

pixletwin said:
Thanks for the kind words everyone. :duff

No credit to any sculptor is given on the box. I think the link on the website which was taken down did and even had a picture of the sculptor.
I think it did too, but I can't remember his name.

I did just see that the newest issue of "Endless Summer" magazine is going to have a two page spread on the making of the figure. It says that it's $25 an issue! :horror Can that be right?

https://www.brianwilson.com/news/index.html

Batty said:
:rock :lol

I really wish this is the direction Sideshow had taken in the Legendary Musicians line. I hope the PFs do well, but I have a feeling a lot more of us would jump at 12" figures. With accessories, the ability to pose a musician seems more appealing.

Yep, agreed... again :lol It'll happen, McFarlane paved the way and Medicom is on to the trend although their sculpts don't quite hit the sweet spot yet, but it's coming. The Boomer market is the largest in the country, it'll happen.

Oh pix, just a thought, if you send it to Les, ask if he'll consider raising/adding sculpy to the hairline and it will even be better IMO.

Yup, those are the pics. It really is a great head sculpt.

I have to agree. Sideshow really did start the Leg. Mus. line with a THUD. If they had started with a 1:6 Elvis or the like I think it would really have taken off. There is so much about MOVING in rock 'n' roll that to start it with a PF was just wrong, IMO.

pjam said:
...Oh pix, just a thought, if you send it to Les, ask if he'll consider raising/adding sculpy to the hairline and it will even be better IMO.

Can you expand a bit on what you mean pj? I am intrigued but not sure where you are going with that idea... :confused:

I'm sure that the legendary musicians will only be PF. I think there are more KISS fans interested in just a display piece than something you have to pose.

pixletwin said:
Can you expand a bit on what you mean pj? I am intrigued but not sure where you are going with that idea... :confused:

Sure pix. The HS is there but the hair line (raised hair sculpt) seems very close to the face from some angles and may be a bit flush in areas. Les is also a master sculptor (see my avatar, he sculpted that CR!) so if you feel adding thickness or raising it a bit more from the face by adding sculpy to it, then "re-grooving" the hair to match (especially the bangs and neck areas) is called for, he may be able to do that minor hair re-sculpt for you...

but I don't have it in hand so I don't really know if it's an issue, just responding to comments and the images. :D

Last edited:
I was really hoping that I would come in here and there would be pics of a bearded Wilson in his bathrob with a bed accessory (or piano with sand box at his feet).

Back