American Sniper

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Trailer looks good, still not sure I see Cooper as Chris Kyle.

The trailer was definitely interesting. I'm an Eastwood fan to the end, but he's definitely overdue for another big hit, and this seems like it could be a good candidate.

Been looking forward to this since I first heard Cooper bought the movie rights.

SnakeDoc

What happened?

Kyle recounted an incident in his book where he beat the crap out of Ventura for badmouthing the SEALs (apparently saying they "deserved to lose some" in Afghanistan). Ventura sued for defamation. Kyle was later murdered by a soldier he was mentoring. Ventura continued the lawsuit against Chris Kyle's widow, won a civil judgment, and is in the process of taking her for everything she has.

Not a spoiler. I doubt that'll be in the movie. It was also all over the news.

SnakeDoc

Last edited:
That trailer has me hooked, definitely an opening day catch.

Kyle recounted an incident in his book where he beat the crap out of Ventura for badmouthing the SEALs (apparently saying they "deserved to lose some" in Afghanistan). Ventura sued for defamation. Kyle was later murdered by a soldier he was mentoring. Ventura continued the lawsuit against Chris Kyle's widow, won a civil judgment, and is in the process of taking her for everything she has.

Not a spoiler. I doubt that'll be in the movie. It was also all over the news.

SnakeDoc
Thanks for explaining.

Back