Storing 1/6 accessories

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Callousness

Freaked Out
Reaction score
I need to start breaking down boxes. How do you guys store your 1/6 accessories and head sculpts?

Yeah I started doing that awhile ago. 1/6 boxes often waste volumes of space. Only recent sideshow figures optimize the packaging for space and storing.

What I do is take the accessories and wrap them in the extra mylar/plastic wrap that comes in the box, or I keep any small plastic bags from other things I buy. If they are delicate, I might separate them, but most often I can put multiple items, weapons, hand sculpts, etc in one bag. If they need extra padding, there's always bubble wrap. Headsculpts I would wrap and keep separately.

I put the figures wrapped in white cotton fabric, since that won't stain the figures in the long term. I wrap them in bubble wrap and put them in a custom made cardboard box. A glue gun and box cutters will be your best friends here. Accessories all wrapped goes in the box too. I've found it useful when I could make boxes and store 2 or 3 figures in the space a single Hot Toys figure would take.

I grab clear tackle boxes available at any Walmart, and similar storage boxes sold at Michael's craft shop.

Storgae5edit_zps82a651bf.jpg

Last edited:
trashcan_baby_800x.jpg

:lol

Seriously though, just bubble wrap or poly bag them and condence everything into a rigid plastic pencil box, letter box, or something like that. Tackle box may work, but may waste space if you can't use all its spots.

I wish I had the courage to get rid of these boxes I have to many of them. they are taking to much of my space. I thought about storing the accessories in small Tupperware boxes and just label for what figure they belong to .. but at the same times i worry about the figures losing it value in future if i destroy the boxes .. what a Headache ,,:slap

Back