ACI Toys: 1/6 ARAGORN (Improved Production Copy updated!)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wor-Gar

Torturer of OCD
CF Supporter
Reaction score
Original post by Sankari:

10445964_618802921551238_9143584375557429931_n.jpg

10255201_608170292614501_1688549896876078839_n.jpg

Let the Battle for Middle Earth begin...........

Re: ACI Toys: ARAGORN 1/6th Figure

The hair is awful. It's really a perfect example of why sculpted hair is much better. The likeness is not there for me either. You have a forehead that is way too big and even shrunken down it still only sort of looks like Viggo.

I got to say I don't mind the hair. I think I can make it work. I think. I did it with Chewie. And look what Elvis has achieved. It will definitely take some serious futzing, not for the faint of heart.

But I do believe the combination of the real hair and sculpted "beard" will look strange together.

I'm really not trying to be mean but when I look at it it reminds me of Diedrich Bader for some reason. As I stated in the other thread, this looks no more like Aragorn than the 1st 2 attempts by Asmus.

images.jpg

I'm not a rooted hair fan, but if they feel it is the best way to achieve realism, then props to this company for having to stones to do it for a male character. No Hot Toys double standard here.

I see Aragorn in the sculpt it's just the hair that is throwing me off. Besides the hair I like it. . . . I am assuming the rosy glow to the cheeks and the red on the lips was added or is that actually an official image? If so ditch the makeup on Strider please.

I dont know why but i kinda see that tonner look a bit.
He looks a bit too pretty boy. He looks like he has lipstick and makeup :lol

I dont know why but i kinda see that tonner look a bit.
He looks a bit too pretty boy. He looks like he has lipstick and makeup :lol

I totally see it too... everything else looks great (outfit, accessories, etc.).

But that head is just not right. I know the sculpt from Greg is solid, so not sure what went wrong.

So in looking at it more... I think the forehead is just too damn big. Viggo's got a fivehead for sure, but t his is like a 6 or 7. And the lip color added with a bit of a pursed look is giving him an odd pouty/feminine appearance.

The sculpt looks great and if anyone needs real hair, it's Aragorn. Every single sculpted Aragorn has suffered from flat hair that really hurts the likeness. The hair should probably start lower on this forehead, but the portrait is pretty good.

I think it looks great as well. Anyone who says it looks like a Tonner doll needs to look again. That posted pic is a repainted and restyled Tonner and probably cost a few hundred or more to mod. The ACI Aragorn sculpt is highly detailed, although maybe 90% likeness.

The sculpt looks great and if anyone needs real hair, it's Aragorn. Every single sculpted Aragorn has suffered from flat hair that really hurts the likeness. The hair should probably start lower on this forehead, but the portrait is pretty good.

Every single? Sorry Dave the Maquette and PF are mini-viggo with the maquette being light years ahead of this.

Back