1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 262 - Star Wars Episode IV - 1/6th scale Chewbacca Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SwedishHeat

Super Freak
Reaction score
W8McUjd.jpg

KZMhOEH.jpg

8WIigkU.jpg

7wSjk78.jpg

nGTZgOS.jpg

9nQk5E1.jpg

mYeUpKS.jpg

D23T6Kg.jpg

fUllvEZ.jpg

3bvpGbi.jpg

mnH8rzk.jpg

aGDlJsh.jpg

xXTGbuu.jpg

5B0uTGl.jpg

With Hot Toys’ acquisition of the right to manufacture collectibles for the Star Wars universe, fans can expect to see a large spectrum of high-end collectibles from this iconic saga in the near future! Following the official reveal of the 1/6th scale Han Solo Collectible Figure, we wouldn’t forget about Han Solo’s trusty sidekick, the legendary Wookiee – Chewbacca!

Many Star Wars fans have been longing for a high quality Chewbacca collectible figure for a long time and today Hot Toys is proud to present the highly-detailed Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope: 1/6th scale Chewbacca Collectible Figure!

The movie-accurate collectible figure is specially crafted based on the image of Chewbacca in the film featuring a newly developed body, brown fabric hair throughout whole body that captures Chewbacca’s unique appearance, highly detailed bowcaster, accessory, and a specially designed figure stand.

Star Wars fans shouldn’t pass up the chance to pre-order this incredible one-of-a-kind collectible figure and don’t forget to also add Chewie’s partner, Han Solo, to your collection!

Please kindly find the attached photos and spec below for your reference.

Hot Toys – MMS262 – Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope: 1/6th scale Chewbacca Collectible Figure Specification

~ Movie Masterpiece Series ~The 1/6th scale Chewbacca Collectible Figure specially features:
- Authentic and detailed likeness of Chewbacca in Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope
- Brown fabric hair throughout whole body
- Movie-accurate facial expression
- Newly developed body with over 30 points of articulations
- Approximately 36 cm tall
- Two (2) pairs of interchangeable palms including:
- One (1) pair of relaxed palms
- One (1) pair of palms for holding bowcaster

Weapon:
- One (1) bowcaster

Accessories:
- One (1) brown bandolier bag
- One (1) headset
- Specially designed figure stand with Chewbacca nameplate and movie logo

Artists:
- Figure Sculpted by Yong Kyum Kim, Jong Hyuk Park, Hyeong Seok Koh & Yoon Suk Choi
- Figure Painted by JC. Hong & E-Lee
- Figure Art Directed by JC. Hong
- Costume Designed by Hai Lim

Release date: Q1 – Q2, 2015

**Prototype shown, final product may be slightly different
**Product details could be subjected to change without further notice

© & TM Lucasfilm Ltd.
© 2014 Hot Toys Limited. All Rights Reserved.

Last edited:
Re: Hot Toys Chewbacca . . that is all

How the **** are they going to mass produce that? Seriously, though, both of these offerings are gorgeous, and they've got the line off to one hell of a start.

God DAMMIT part 2.

Han looks good. Chewie looks ridiculous.

I didn't want to be dropping anything on 1/6 for a long time.

It's not DX, thankfully, but I'm still scared at the price.

Oh my god. I don't care how much this costs, it will be mine. What an unbelievable piece. I'm utterly blown away. Also, the text says "after the release of Gan Solo". So are we getting Han as well?

I will sacrifice all other figures for them to keep putting out this OT goodness

Wow, down for both! Chewie, finally in 1:6! Can't wait to pre-order the set!

Chewy looks great. Han looks like one of Chewy's droppings.

I'm very, very proud of Howard Chan this year. For a while, it really seemed like they were selling out, but this may be one of the most awesome years for collectibles ever. They pretty much squared away their backlog, and they dialed back the Marvel offerings quite a bit, but they've just been hammering those classic licenses. Robocop (I'd count ED as a miss, though), Terminator, BTTF, and now this? I'm not sure what they could do to make this year more awesome.

Canceling some of my Sdeshow 1/6 Star Wars figures for Han and Chewie. I love Sideshow 1/6 Star Wars line but I just can't justify paying for so many awesome figures all at the same time. Han and Chewie are must-haves in my collection. The Sideshow Clones have to wait..... for now.

Chewy looks great. Han looks like one of Chewy's droppings.

From the promo pics, I think Han looks good, though a bit off. Pending price, I'd still gladly buy him.

But while it may be heresy, depending on how much these guys cost, I'd have no problem buying only Chewie. Though I'd like to see how his fur holds up in production. Because right now, it looks ridiculously good to me. Despite the team being Han and Chewie, I'd have no problem just having Chewie hanging out by himself, looking all awesome.

Canceling some of my Sdeshow 1/6 Star Wars figures for Han and Chewie. I love Sideshow 1/6 Star Wars line but I just can't justify paying for so many awesome figures all at the same time. Han and Chewie are must-haves in my collection. The Sideshow Clones have to wait..... for now.

It wouldn't surprise me at all if a number of people decide, "Hm, I guess my Hasbro Speeder Bike isn't so bad after all!" :lol

Re: Star Wars Episode IV - 1/6th scale Chewbacca Collectible Figure

Chewie will be around 300 probably and Han around 229. My guess.

I nearly shat my pants when I saw this on FB. I actually had to count the roman numerals in the Episode as I had to make sure it wasn't VII. It was all a blur.

I mean, the headsculpt is not quite perfect, the head is bit big for the features, but I mean, this thing is near perfect. . . all this naysaying about how it couldn't be done. . . damn, just as I was about to go to bed, they drop this bomb.

Chewie looks a bit dark but they've nailed the rest, Han I'm happy with sideshows lol good enough for my needs
going to be a lot of happy people

I know we've been saying the next SW fig will likely be a DX Solo.

Now, it's not a DX (thank the maker), but was this expected to actually drop like this? So soon? I was on Facebook, saw this, and thought, "Oh, there's Han Solo by Hot Toys. Wait, WHAT? And is that Chewie behind him? What is happening?"

Back