Next Movie Gimmick - 270 degree viewing

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, that's what audiences today need, more distraction. How about this, try taking all that money and effort that's being put into stuff like this and use it to write some scripts with plots and characters that people actually give a **** about. If this is where movies are headed, just make them ****ing theme park rides and be done with it.

Yeah, that's what audiences today need, more distraction. How about this, try taking all that money and effort that's being put into stuff like this and use it to write some scripts with plots and characters that people actually give a **** about. If this is where movies are headed, just make them ****ing theme park rides and be done with it.

:lol:goodpost:

I wouldnt be too worried about it catching on, even if audiences embraced it, it seems like it would cost far too much (for theaters) for the very few films that would take advantage of it.

I havent seen an example with my own eyes, but since it's not the focal point, I'm also going to guess that most footage shown on the side screens would be little more than poorly rendered CGI.

Edit - Also, the dead space between the screens would drive me nuts.

Last edited:
Don't think we have to worry about it catching on. I'm more concerned about **** movies being released on a constant basis.

I can't see it catching on. It would be way too expensive to equip theaters with new screens and new projectors as well. Theaters seem to have a hard enough time justifying upgrading their auditoriums to the look alike Imax systems.

aiesvUg.jpg

that's nothing to the 4D experience that they have been trying for a while now: Air, Smell, wind, water effects, motion, Fog, Thunder effects....

(It has a "tickler" and a vibrator in the chair, perfect for going on a date :rotfl)

They should totally combine 270 degree viewing and 4DX, that would be insane

None of this is new - Castle was doing some of that 4D stuff back in the 60's. It works as a gimmick.

And of course, we all did our own version of 4D with RHPS...there's nothing quite like throwing hot dogs and toast at the movie screen.

Is the screen that curved?

I probably would be better if it was a big, curved screen rather than 3 screens put together.

Totally stupid. If you don't have the perfect seat it would be a waste of time. Wonder what the surcharge would be for it?

I want my seat to move and vibrate and things to drop down on me from above. Feel-it-vision. May as well go all out! :lol

instead of a giant screen that curves all the theaters should have oculus headsets (Plus the 4D) they might as well make the movies for Oculus

We need Alamo drafthouse theaters with the 4d experience.

Sent from Le iPhone 5S using Tapatalk - now Free

I like the idea better if it were a single curved screen also but after watching the video I think they are using 3 separate screens in order to more easily retro-fit existing theaters with the screens

I like the idea better if it were a single curved screen also but after watching the video I think they are using 3 separate screens in order to more easily retro-fit existing theaters with the screens

If it was one big curved screen, could you imagine how many theaters would totally screw up the presentation. They have enough trouble getting one image lined up on screen, forget three images painstakingly aligned to create the illusion of one giant image.

Back