Anybody get a #001 when ordering?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RDKing2

Freaked Out
Reaction score
Just curious on the chances of this when ordering from SSC or others. Think I saw that SSC states shipments are random. Think the real low #'s are reserved for special persons? Thanks for the input.

Chances are the plaques aren't tacked on in the order they're made, so not sure what difference it makes.

Generally 1-5 seem to have a higher value to some. Having the first or last of something is considered more collectible right? IMO the created collectible market is a big loser anyway ($ wise). I only buy things I am planning to keep and I obviously like. Like I said just curious if persons here get low #'s with general orders.

I've never gotten a #1. From my experienc Bowen is pretty good with #'s when ordring, meaning they put your name down on when you ordered and ship items from one on up. I had/have under #20 on a few pieces. The last priority preorder I remember from SS was the Joker pf, I literally ordered that in under 30 seconds when that went up and had a # right in the middle of the edition. I used to work at a gallery that sold signed and numbered prints (silkscreens, lithographs, giclees, etc...) and people placed values on numbers that were important to them. Lower #'s were always more desirable. Ultimately, take the piece that's in the best condition, # is secondary.

Sideshow have at times not even been able to put the correct EX or Reg sticker on the statues they are shipping out, let alone the number :D

I recently got an AP from PCS. The lowest number I ever got was 3 again from PCS. But that one I bought off Ebay. The number was an added bonus. Never got a Low number from Sideshow or other manufacturers I ordered from direct.

Cannot say I have ever seen a #1 ever. I do have a couple of low numbers that were acquired second hand. They were purchased because they were the best deal at the time, not because of the #.

Cannot say I have ever seen a #1 ever. I do have a couple of low numbers that were acquired second hand. They were purchased because they were the best deal at the time, not because of the #.

I just saw someone get a new Hellboy PF #1 in that thread, it was the regular edition, but still nice to have #1. I have a #4 Lara Croft PF EX I am selling, that is the lowest number I have ever had. I do have a few APs and "samples" that would come before a #1 though.

A friend I have has told me he got a couple of #1s from Art of War in Japan. But he's on their platinum list so maybe that's why. Having said that, I've spent a number I'd like to forget with Sideshow, never got a #1 or low ten number from them yet...

Back