David Ayer's Academy Award winning "Suicide Squad"

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

meanstreak

Super Freak
CF Supporter
Reaction score
Warner Bros. Circling David Ayer for DC Comics’ ‘Suicide Squad’ (Exclusive) | Variety

Directed by David Ayer from his screenplay. Opens August 5th, 2016.

Confirmed cast/characters:
Will Smith (Deadshot)
Viola Davis (Amanda Waller)
Jared Leto (the Joker)
Margot Robbie (Harley Quinn)
Jai Courtney (Boomerang)
Cara Delevingne (Enchantress)

Tom Hardy is being replaced for the role of Rick Flag and rumor is that Jessie Eisenberg's Lex Luthor will be part of the film too.

Last edited:
Re: DC's Suicide Squad movie

Ayer's track record as a director is kind of hit and miss (End of Watch-Good, Sabotage and Street Kings-Crap), but he's a damn good writer. Why wouldn't WB have him pen the screenplay as well. Justin Marks, as in the guy who wrote the Legend of Chun-Li? Uhmmmm....

We might get a Teen Titans tv show, tho. TNT and WB are developing one. Expect less cheese and better acting than Arrow if it comes to fruition. It might also be less exciting.

Squad before Titans... Phahahaaaaaaaaaaa-ha-ha!

WB ain't got nothing on Marvel Studios, their decisions are beyond stupid.

Hopefully the movie will be the current line-up. I'd love to see a giant King Shark (hammerhead-style) on the big screen.

It would be very odd to see Harley Quinn's first film appearance be without the Joker though, so I'm doubtful they'll include her.

Deadshot and Waller are really the only shoe-ins for this at the moment IMO. Beyond them, we could really see just about anyone. I've got to imagine they'll throw in some D listers so they can kill some off at least.

It would be very odd to see Harley Quinn's first film appearance be without the Joker though, so I'm doubtful they'll include her.

I know it will happen sooner than later, but I cringe at the idea of another actor portraying the Joker. I need a Bat-Break to be honest.

I know it will happen sooner than later, but I cringe at the idea of another actor portraying the Joker. I need a Bat-Break to be honest.

Eh, I feel bad for the guy that will eventually try to replace Tony Stark rather than the Joker. The Joker has been interpreted in so many different ways over the years, they just need to steer clear of the Ledger version. Something more comic or twisted. He just needs a good actor behind the role and it will be just fine.

For me, I'm more worried about Harley Quinn. All the versions that haven't been Sorkin have just missed the mark on something. I mean I guess its because she WAS Harley. She originated the character and its hard to replace that. They'll end up either too sexy or too dorky.

I agree with your thoughts about Stark vs. Joker. 95%+ of comic moviegoers had no clue who he was prior to RDJ, so he totally defines Iron Man to them. And now, in the cartoons and comics Stark has morphed into more of an RDJ type. There is no definitive Joker. He always changes.

Eh, I feel bad for the guy that will eventually try to replace Tony Stark rather than the Joker. The Joker has been interpreted in so many different ways over the years, they just need to steer clear of the Ledger version. Something more comic or twisted. He just needs a good actor behind the role and it will be just fine.

For me, I'm more worried about Harley Quinn. All the versions that haven't been Sorkin have just missed the mark on something. I mean I guess its because she WAS Harley. She originated the character and its hard to replace that. They'll end up either too sexy or too dorky.

Or too crazy evil/bad...like in the Birds of Prey series.

I would think with how popular she is there is pretty much no way they couldn't include her.

I would think with how popular she is there is pretty much no way they couldn't include her.

Yeah, I think we will get our first film appearance Harley in this one. I think they will do the newer team with Deathstroke, Harley, Deadshot, Amanda Waller, etc. I think they will leave out Jokers Daughter though.

I hope they use fat Wall instead of new52 Wall.

And King Shark, the hammerhead version, great white or Arkham-verse..

My dream would be to at least have Deadshot and Harley in the team trying to hunt down Deathstroke.

Back