Supergirl Series

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
https://comicbook.com/2014/09/19/supergirl-series-from-arrow-and-the-flash-producer-head-to-cbs/

The Flash producer Greg Berlanti's rumored Supergirl TV series is headed to CBS, reports IGN.

The show will go straight to series, bypassing development and pilot production. Gotham was also ordered straight to series at Fox recently, but still produced a pilot and theoretically could have stopped there, with Fox paying a hefty penalty.

Here's how the show is described in the report:

Based on the characters from DC Comics, Supergirl will follow Kara Zor-El. Born on the planet Krypton, Kara escaped amid its destruction years ago. And since arriving on Earth, she’s been hiding the powers she shares with her famous cousin. But now at age 24, she decides to embrace her superhuman abilities and be the hero she was always meant to be.

The series will be a one-hour drama from Berlanti Productions in association with Warner Bros. Television. Berlanti and Ali Adler of Chuck and No Ordinary Family fame will write, while also serving as executive producers with Sarah Schechter.

They also note that it's unlikely Supergirl will share a continuity with Arrow and The Flash, but that Berlanti's involvement could make it plausible. We would add that the involvement of CBS, a part-owner in The CW with DC Entertainment owners Warner Bros., also contributes to the likelihood.

Whether Superman will be specifically referenced or depicted in the show is unknown. Although it would be difficult to ignore that elephant in the room, Warner Bros. Television have historically been reluctant to feature the same character on TV and the big screen at the same time.

I think the actress from Transformers 4, Nicola Peltz, would be the perfect choice to play a Michael Turner era Supergirl. After seeing what they've done with Arrow and the Flash I believe a Supergirl show would be pretty fun.

My only problem with all of these planned shows is that DC is keeping the films and television shows separate. So either the characters on the shows will never be in the films or there will be two Supergirls, 2 Green Arrows, etc. I'd love to see a little more continuity like Marvel is doing with Agents of Shield.

Wow. The Fappening really payed off for like every woman that got exposed. :lol No wonder so many other stars are leaking their own nudes now.

My only problem with all of these planned shows is that DC is keeping the films and television shows separate. So either the characters on the shows will never be in the films or there will be two Supergirls, 2 Green Arrows, etc. I'd love to see a little more continuity like Marvel is doing with Agents of Shield.

Coordinate continuity between the movies and all the differerent companies WB is whoring their props out to? :lol

The problem with that is they'd have movies for the same characters as the TV shows so people could get more time with the characters for free at home rather than paying for the theatre.

Marvel avoiding this by doing nothing characters like SHIELD and Peggy instead of actual heroes from the big screen

I totally forgot about this show...and thread :lol

However, something about the previous choice, Gemma Atkinson, seemed like a better choice....I don't know why? She just had that it factor :lol

SHssUmw.jpg

Back