Amiami and Hot Toys

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

V8_Club

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I've used Amiami before for Hot toys orders with no hitches. They generally are cheaper with reasonable costs in terms of shipping. Also the releases are faster than US based companies. One thing I've noticed is that my last two pre-orders for Elder and Diecast Mark 42 are still pending. Whereas the figures are available everywhere. I've also noticed that you can't find Hot toys anymore on their website.. I've sent them an email to inquire. Anyone else faced / is facing the same issue? I'm worried now since I have a number of items that I've Pre-ordered with them that might have sold out elsewhere.

It's not true that Hot Toys are not limited.

Both Sideshow and Hot Toys in their respective territories restrict which retailers can sell them. I'm not saying this is true of Amiami, but some dealers get the product through gray markets and thus they aren't guaranteed every figure.

Hi.
Thank you for mailing us.

Unfortunately due to circumstances out of our control, we are unable to
make the items available for international sales anymore.
Previously placed orders are however confirmed.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
Thank you for shopping at AmiAmi.

Regards,
AmiAmi

Hi.

Regards,
AmiAmi
Thanks! I knew something was wrong. Looks like they were hit with a restriction like Sideshow. For those who don't know, Sideshow also can't ship Hot Toys internationally anymore.

Thanks! I knew something was wrong. Looks like they were hit with a restriction like Sideshow. For those who don't know, Sideshow also can't ship Hot Toys internationally anymore.

What? Really? That's a bummer.

Yep. Crap for us internationals. Have to use freight forwarders now so we pay internal shipping and tax too! [emoji24] [emoji24] [emoji24]

Yep. Crap for us internationals. Have to use freight forwarders now so we pay internal shipping and tax too! [emoji24] [emoji24] [emoji24]

Screw that. It'll end up being cheaper from elsewhere now the cheaper shipping is gone. Oh well.

I'm pretty sure they can ship Hot Toys internationally, it's just some can't. Like the toy fair exclusives for example.
I got a Hot Toys Thor Exclusive from them just over a month ago...

I'm pretty sure they can ship Hot Toys internationally, it's just some can't. Like the toy fair exclusives for example.
I got a Hot Toys Thor Exclusive from them just over a month ago...
That used to be the case earlier but not anymore. Case in point, my Mark 42 diecast order was initially supposed to be shipped direct to me. However once it became in stock they shipped it to my US address. They changed it without even telling me. I asked why and they said it was that or they couldn't send it. I've got six hot toys figures in the last few weeks. All were shipped to the US address . Only three were the exclusives.

I think Amiami only has HT figures on their Japanese site now, which is kind of a bummer. They have/had some really nice discounts for figures that don't really sell. I'm pretty sure Sideshow still sell HT internationally though.

Edit: I think you being in Asia has something to do with Sideshow's restrictions.

Last edited:
It's not true that Hot Toys are not limited.

Both Sideshow and Hot Toys in their respective territories restrict which retailers can sell them. I'm not saying this is true of Amiami, but some dealers get the product through gray markets and thus they aren't guaranteed every figure.

Hi.

Regards,
AmiAmi

Well, there you go!

because Hot Toys has appointed distributors around the globe, and from what i see, prices do differ by a margin, as such i'm guessing those distributors with higher pricing are filling reports to Hot Toys regarding the lost of sales to overseas distributors, the same thing that happened for Sony PS2, but i know there are distributors from other countries that still ship HT overseas, and their price are cheaper than Amiami.

Usually these shops also sell on ebay, so what they do is direct you to their websites, you'll need to register & place order there, and you pay small percentage of deposit.

I think Amiami only has HT figures on their *** site now, which is kind of a bummer. They have/had some really nice discounts for figures that don't really sell. I'm pretty sure Sideshow still sell HT internationally though.

Edit: J, A, and P combined is censored? & yeah, I think you being in Asia has something to do with Sideshow's restrictions.

Yeah it is. To a Japanese, its considered a derogatory term, equivalent to the N word.

Last edited:
Back