Received my HCG T800 bust today

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheCableGuy

Freaked Out
Reaction score
Guys it's the older one (non combat version )
Anyways the eyes light up when you touch the button on the rear and the music plays for so many seconds , them the lights dim out . It's a nice touch but I wish they had a switch to leave the eyes on . How does the SS one work , like do the eyes stay on as long as you want , and does it have that music that I could live without ?
I don't know if anyone's modded one in order to get just the eyed to stay lit up but it would loose value if I did I suppose .

I did some research and although they both look good , I felt SS screwed up on the teeth so I found an HCG instead . Not sure I'm liking the combat version as much either but I don't have one to compare with.

Tempted to order a half scale Endo now

Lights stay on then fade once switched off. No music...Thank god!

The teeth on the early busts weren't too bad but all the newer ones i've seen look awful.

30v135x.jpg

Lights stay on then fade once switched off. No music...Thank god!

Well I'm liking that ^^^
. I'll probably die before I sell it so I don't mind modding it but I am not sure if anything accessible anyways . First thing I'd do is add a potentiometer to dim the eyes a tad . There to bright IMO
Plus I'd put it on a circuit that was perhaps voice or motion controlled for a cooler effect

Guys it's the older one (non combat version )
Anyways the eyes light up when you touch the button on the rear and the music plays for so many seconds , them the lights dim out . It's a nice touch but I wish they had a switch to leave the eyes on . How does the SS one work , like do the eyes stay on as long as you want , and does it have that music that I could live without ?
I don't know if anyone's modded one in order to get just the eyed to stay lit up but it would loose value if I did I suppose .

I did some research and although they both look good , I felt SS screwed up on the teeth so I found an HCG instead . Not sure I'm liking the combat version as much either but I don't have one to compare with.

Tempted to order a half scale Endo now
I have the same Clean HCG and I still think it is the best one out there in this price range. Don't care for exactly how the electronics work, but like you I plan on bypassing the stock setup to separate the music and leave the lights on longer. Otherwise it is about perfect. I have the 1/2 sale Endo bust too(the big full torso one, not the skull) and they go together nicely. They are pricey for a bust, but well worth it IMO.

I have the same Clean HCG and I still think it is the best one out there in this price range. Don't care for exactly how the electronics work, but like you I plan on bypassing the stock setup to separate the music and leave the lights on longer. Otherwise it is about perfect. I have the 1/2 sale Endo bust too(the big full torso one, not the skull) and they go together nicely. They are pricey for a bust, but well worth it IMO.

If you figure out how to bypass the stock electronics please post it . I'm busy doing home renos and don't really have the time to see how it works , and I suspect there may be no access to mod it but I hope I'm wrong :/

I have tinkered with electronics quite a bit in the past so I'm willing to try . I would like to have a wall adapter powering it instead of batteries . When I did car audio I used 510 ohm resisters to limit the current to the LEDs in my install when dealing with voltages up to 14.4 dc

I'm just looking at a little closer now and this thing seems pretty solid . It's a shame but the only access I can hypothesize is under that high density foam on the base . I suspect when you scrape off this rubber foam that there may be screws that you can remove to gain some access , but that's a tough call .

I wonder if any of the other members have modded one?

If you figure out how to bypass the stock electronics please post it . I'm busy doing home renos and don't really have the time to see how it works , and I suspect there may be no access to mod it but I hope I'm wrong :/

I have tinkered with electronics quite a bit in the past so I'm willing to try . I would like to have a wall adapter powering it instead of batteries . When I did car audio I used 510 ohm resisters to limit the current to the LEDs in my install when dealing with voltages up to 14.4 dc

I'm just looking at a little closer now and this thing seems pretty solid . It's a shame but the only access I can hypothesize is under that high density foam on the base . I suspect when you scrape off this rubber foam that there may be screws that you can remove to gain some access , but that's a tough call .

I wonder if any of the other members have modded one?

I seem to remember someone posting about it, not sure where though. It will be a while till I get working on mine too. I don't even have him out right now, just the bigger torso piece and the new T-800 BD PF I just got today.

Here is quick pic I found of it. It is very impressive and much easier to display than a full figure 1/2 or 1/1 and goes well with 1/1 skulls or 1/4 figures(Hot Toys, SS PF) too.
T-800EndoskeletonNew1.jpg

You made a good choice TCG. The HCG bust is more accurate than the SS version. The newer SS version also has those bad teeth. Though the sound on the HCG is quite weird on its own.

You made a good choice TCG. The HCG bust is more accurate than the SS version. The newer SS version also has those bad teeth. Though the sound on the HCG is quite weird on its own.

Well I love the look of the bust but hate how you can't leave it on indefinitely. I'm tempted to remove that rubber foamy stuff off the base to see if there's any access .
The eyes are far to bright IMO , so I'd like to add a wall adaptor and resisters to get it where I want it . My luck there would be a power bump and the LEDs in the eyes would get burnt out . I don't suppose those leds in the eyes can be changed out :(
Although a person could also have a voltage regulator to control voltage fluctuations

Back