Funko ReAction Figures Horror-Series

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bengalhawks

Freakalicious
Reaction score
Series 1 Figures

0d96eba4de56544668ba60c7af123673.jpg

99eaedd6adbc0d0c3796e1500d8226bc.jpg

77045467e60378c58361ac49e953b18c.jpg

c442b2090674f79db0312f2a8d8e5331.jpg

f1cb3033857e47568c9ec2f0cd4a67d5.jpg

2f8af7e34c5d4070bc46bc0dbcd9316a.jpg

57d192208ca6cfb117cf952a51e126e1.jpg

They have released and they are fantastic. I received my set today and Id recommend them for anyone who was thinking about them. Heres a few pictures of them in hand.

IMG_20140909_17295_edit_1410299174419.jpg

20140909_173510.jpg

20140909_173529.jpg

20140909_173556.jpg

20140909_173631.jpg

20140909_173651.jpg

20140909_173707.jpg

20140909_173723.jpg

You should have searched! There's already a thread on this :p

But where'd you order from anyways? I want mine but only Pinhead is in from BBTS surprisingly.

I also like how they changed the pictures of the cards. They used Jason part 6 and the original Myers (compared to what was originally a much newer Jason and H4 Myers)

You should have searched! There's already a thread on this :p

But where'd you order from anyways? I want mine but only Pinhead is in from BBTS surprisingly.

I also like how they changed the pictures of the cards. They used Jason part 6 and the original Myers (compared to what was originally a much newer Jason and H4 Myers)

I didnt even think about that, my bad. Anyways I ordered from Entertainment Earth. They had them all in stock last week.

The only one I've picked up so far is Sam. I may get Myers and Jason now that they've changed the card artwork. It looks a lot better. The Crow looks nice, but not a fan. Huge Pinhead fan, but that figure is..ugh...The others I can do without.

Yah the best one's in this line are definitely Sam and Ghostface. The others look like ****. But they'll look cool displayed on a wall and cheap enough.

I think EE had an arrangement with FUNKO as they were also the first to have pre-orders for them.

I was excited for these, but the ones that have shown up in the store (Back to the Future, Escape From New York, and Terminator) have been ridiculously cheap on quality. The plastic is so thin many of the figures legs warp in the package. Sculpts and paint very poor. I understand they are retro sculpts, and I was hoping for retro style, but htses are just cheap. The first Alien set was awesome, but Funko has really dropped the ball on these. I wanted these and the Universal Monsters. I'll still get a few, but these could have been great had they matched the quality of the Alien series.

I usually cant stand this ugly ****ing brand of toys, but i think it works here for this range, i actually like them. Only other ones of theirs i like are the Alien ones, they work too, but only if they stay in their packs.

The twilight zone (bif bang pow) ones are really cool too. I got the colored versions.

I had originally pre-ordered the Crow and cancelled it. I really want to like these figures but they just don't have the appeal i had hoped.

lol to the people expecting high quality. The whole point of the line is to replicate the look of the vintage Kenner figures from 30+ years ago. Have you ever seen those? They were cheaply made, tiny and most of all made for kids. So for what the ReAction line's purpose is, Funko nailed it. They're definitely worth the purchase and add a cool vintage looking touch to your horror collection.

Hg4EYG.jpg

Yea, those of us that find these unappealing 'get it', we just don't buy it. You can capture the nostalgia of a vintage style without merely copying it like a cheap Asian knockoff. These could have had the same articulation, the same overall body style, but decent head sculpts and paint (there's zero excuse for poor paint) and would have served the same nostalgic purpose. That's particularly a problem with lines that aren't vintage themselves - no way I want a Firefly series that looks like crap.

Companies have re-done Mego style figures and Captain Action style figures, and have improved where ever they could and still keep the 'feel'. MOTUC is the very best example of taking a vintage feel and updating it to create a long running collector's line. I was very tempted by the Universal Monsters, because that's a license where sculpts are always an interpretation, but the poor paint quality kept me away. You can do 80's style without resorting to 80's quality - unless you're trying to make the cheapest figures possible and convince collector's it's all part of the plan.

If you dont take it out of the blister/card then why would you care about articulation? :lol Take it for what it is, if you dont like it then dont buy it.

Unless you put these in star cases, the cards are going to be hard to keep mint. My Sam arrived from EE warped and my Rocketeer card is already curling on the edges. The Alien cards are holding up OK, but I'm sure it'll be a matter of time.

EE sends warped cards, it happened to my twilight zone sdcc exclusive. They gave me $3 back.

What a ****ing joke.

Yea, those of us that find these unappealing 'get it', we just don't buy it. You can capture the nostalgia of a vintage style without merely copying it like a cheap Asian knockoff. These could have had the same articulation, the same overall body style, but decent head sculpts and paint (there's zero excuse for poor paint) and would have served the same nostalgic purpose. That's particularly a problem with lines that aren't vintage themselves - no way I want a Firefly series that looks like crap.

Companies have re-done Mego style figures and Captain Action style figures, and have improved where ever they could and still keep the 'feel'. MOTUC is the very best example of taking a vintage feel and updating it to create a long running collector's line. I was very tempted by the Universal Monsters, because that's a license where sculpts are always an interpretation, but the poor paint quality kept me away. You can do 80's style without resorting to 80's quality - unless you're trying to make the cheapest figures possible and convince collector's it's all part of the plan.

Plus, I don't remember the vintage Kenner figures having cheap paint apps. Those figures were designed for kids to beat the snot out of them. I passed on these because it's a cheap attempt at cashing in on vintage Horror nostalgia but with none of the quality at 6x the price.

Back