Anyone use Alter Ego Comics?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

anti-hero

Super Freak
Reaction score
I know they've been around awhile but I was wondering if they were reliable. When it says in stock is it really in stock? Do they ship on time? That kind of thing.

Mark at Alter Ego is one of the very few dealers I will even work with. The other 2 are Adam at Dark Shadows Collectibles and Bob at Fireside Collectibles. I split my orders between Adam and Bob mostly, but there are people on this board who will always go to Alter Ego first before anyone else. I have also done some business with Mark. All three of these guys (companies) are exceptional; they will go out of their way to assist if at all possible -- all are collectors in their own right and are Freaks themselves. Have never had cause to regret ordering from any of them.

I use alterego almost exclusively now when I don't order direct from Sideshow. Great prices and fast shipping.

They just shipped my Darth Maul today, can't wait. :maul

Alter Ego is awesome! I preorder all of my DC Direct 13" line from Marc. I usually receive them 4-5 days after he receives them. I've had to make a few phone calls to him regarding things like address changes and credit card updates and he always takes care of me. Excellent customer service and prices. You can't go wrong. :D

Another happy customer here. Fantastic service and packing from Marc. He does have a no cancellations policy. I suppose this stems from, well, too many cancellations in the past and eating stock. And in this day of collecting you almost have to pre-order some items to ensure you get one.

Marc at Alter Ego is great, I ordered my Doom PF and a Little Mermaid Scene by Master Replicas for my girl. Never had a problem with him and he's got great prices.

Hell yeah, Marc is the man! I've ordered several things from him... From HT Hicks to Medicom X3 Wolverine. His items are always packed very well and they ship ultra fast. Highly recommended in my book!

Last edited:
Just got an X3 Wolverine from them. Great prices and only took a day to ship since they're the next state over. :D

Marc at Alter Ego is awesome! I've spent over $1,000 with him this year alone and more pending. I've never had a problem with him and his newsletter is very informative.

Gotta throw in another recommendation for AlterEgo. I just recieved my V for Vendetta statue from him, and before that the Medicom X3 Wolverine.

I can't comment specifically on Alter Ego, but Marc is the tops. I ordered a bunch of TRON stuff and TZ cards from him @ m2comics years back. I must have bugged the hell outta him when I kept enquiring about the re-issue TRON cards (which never even made it to production), but every time I asked him anything he responded in 2 days or less and was nothing but helpful and polite. All business' should take a course from him.

I agree with everyone here! Alter Ego is the only online toy store I will deal with. The basic prices are great, however shipping prices can be a *****. However, everything arrives nicely packed and in excellent condition.

Marc is a very nice person, never really see him scalp things and really runs an old fashioned comic store. Good prices and service. He rarely posts here so not as popular as Bob or Adam. Mike Richards from Razor's edge is also very reputable and knows his stuff. We're fortunate to have a nice bunch of people to buy from.

kierbaudy said:
Marc is a very nice person, never really see him scalp things and really runs an old fashioned comic store. Good prices and service. He rarely posts here so not as popular as Bob or Adam. Mike Richards from Razor's edge is also very reputable and knows his stuff. We're fortunate to have a nice bunch of people to buy from.
:rock:rock:rock

Back