Hot Toys / Medicom - UK Suppliers?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jme_c

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hello,

Was just wondering if anyone could tell me the best UK websites for buying Hot Toys / Medicom / Sideshow figures?

Previously I had used Modelzone but they appear to be part of WH Smiths now and only selling trains etc.

Forbidden Planet is always a bit on the pricey side.

Suggestions would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

Hello,

Was just wondering if anyone could tell me the best UK websites for buying Hot Toys / Medicom / Sideshow figures?

Previously I had used Modelzone but they appear to be part of WH Smiths now and only selling trains etc.

Forbidden Planet is always a bit on the pricey side.

Suggestions would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

Imho, always consider ordering direct from Sideshow, if the dollar to sterling exchange rate is good.. otherwise I have purchased figures from Forbidden Planet(.com).. Lair of the Octopus.. Comics-N-Toys.. ToyPalace (Germany) and on eBay, Premiproduct (Denmark)..OneSixthBruce also has a good reputation, but I haven't personally bought anything from them yet.

For Medicom I found Hobby Link Japan to be cheaper than UK sellers, even when you add on the 20% tax.

If you select Fed Ex for delivery, and open a Fed Ex account to pay your bills, you won't get charged any administration fee. So it's just the 20% tax.

You only pay duty if the value of the duty to pay is £9 or more. So most Medicom orders won't be charged, estimating duty at around 4.5% (so an order of £200 incurs only 20% tax).

FedEx are a bit slack.. I have twice tried to set-up an account using their web application form, in the past.. no response, not even a 'You there, hiding in the bushes.. We have called security!'
:gah:

I was hoping to find a UK site that still had the Medicom Prop Size Gizmo for sale, but doesn't look like I am in luck!
Don't really wanna pay anymore than £300 for one.

I was hoping to find a UK site that still had the Medicom Prop Size Gizmo for sale, but doesn't look like I am in luck!

That might be quite difficult at this point.. use the 'notification' search on your eBay account and with patience, you may get lucky.

Gizmo sold out a long time back. So now you'll be looking at second hand or getting sold at some extreme price for the odd few that might be sitting in warehouses across Europe.

We have sold some Medicom stuff, but the high price means it's not so fast to sell. Sideshow is much more popular. We sell some Medicom Star Wars figures when they appear in stock.

On the subject of Gremlins though, have you seen the NECA Flashing Gremlin? He is class! Just got 2 in :)

neca-gremlins-2-flasher-gremlin-stunt-puppet-prop-replica-2753-p.jpg

neca-gremlins-2-flasher-gremlin-stunt-puppet-prop-replica-[3]-2753-p.jpg

neca-gremlins-2-flasher-gremlin-stunt-puppet-prop-replica-[2]-2753-p.jpg

There are 1,000 in the world. £299 delivered. More info here

Sorry to drag up this old thread, but I figured it was better than starting a new one altogether!

Does anyone know what collectiblesdirect.co.uk are like? Are they reliable and legit?

Also toyhq.co.uk

Anyone else use any of these sites?

Anyone know any UK Suppliers that still have Yoda up for pre-sale at a decent rate?
Was too slow to order from collectiblesdirect. Want something around the £180 with free delivery.

Back