Media YAKUZA Zero

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dead-Man

Super Freak
Reaction score
Yakuza Zero Takes Place In 1988 As A Direct Prequel To The First Game

In Development for PS3 and PS4 and will be playable at TGS next month

l_53fd7f005f967.jpg

^
Exactly. What is the point of releasing any of these news to the west if we're not gonna be able to play a localized version? I love the Yakuza series and I cannot believe Sega just dropped the Western fans completely like that.

Never heard of this series.

You are missing out. Y1 and Y2 came out for the PS2. If you have a PS3, I highly recommend picking up 3 and 4 (they're cheap) and give it a run. They all have a story recap of the previous games so you can jump right in. It's a mix between a rpg and a beat em up with great characters and generally good story.

Thinking about starting this series after I finish GOW. Is this where I should start? I know it's the earliest part of the timeline but so is MGS3 and I don't think you should start with that.

Thinking about starting this series after I finish GOW. Is this where I should start? I know it's the earliest part of the timeline but so is MGS3 and I don't think you should start with that.

Nothing wrong with starting with 0 - it's where I began my entry into the Yakuza series and it's so good.

Then play Yakuza 1 remake (Kiwami) but it's not as good as 0. Kiwami 2 remake is out August and Yakuza 6 is out now and supposed to be the last in the series I believe.

They could remake or remaster 3, 4 and 5 afterwards but who knows. The Dead Souls spinoff is unlikely to ever come out in the west either.

Yes, start with Yakuza 0. It's the first chronologically and probably the best game in the series to boot. I started with the very first Yakuza on PS2 back in 2006 or so. Played 1-4 and Dead Souls. Still have to beat 5, 0, and now 6. I guess I'll play the Kiwami games too.

Nothing wrong with starting with 0 - it's where I began my entry into the Yakuza series and it's so good.

Then play Yakuza 1 remake (Kiwami) but it's not as good as 0. Kiwami 2 remake is out August and Yakuza 6 is out now and supposed to be the last in the series I believe.

They could remake or remaster 3, 4 and 5 afterwards but who knows. The Dead Souls spinoff is unlikely to ever come out in the west either.

Huh? The Dead Souls game came out in the West. Did you mean the two Samurai spin-offs?

Yakuza-dead-souls-ps3-cover-1.jpg

It's great. Took a min to sink it's teeth in me but once I put my preconceived notions of it aside it all came together. Unfortunately tho I have had a heavy tempo at work these last couple weeks and haven't been able to play as much as I would like.

Back