Does Firefly take a while to get into?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

niennumb1

Super Freak
Reaction score
Forgive me, I never gave the show a chance. Not that I didn't want to, but just never got around to watching it.

I started watching the first 10 minutes on Netflix and it looks kinda blah to begin with. Does it take an episode or two before getting into this short series? Right off the bat right now i'm not really brought in by what I see, but I want to give it a chance.

Too many people have talked about it over the years and keep telling me to watch it, so I am now.

Thanks very much for your responses on your experience with this series!

I wouldn't say so, there are certainly some episodes that aren't as great as others, but the pilot episode and the Train Job episode afterwards are very good. Just keep watching

The first time I watched the open sequence of the pilot, it rubbed me the wrong way as well, but shortly after it cuts to the 'present' I was hooked. Stick with it, I highly doubt you'll be disappointed. :duff

It's like a passionate kiss between Superman and Captain America. It may take awhile to get into it, but once you do. . .well, you know what I'm saying.

It's a whole 13 episodes... just watch it all and decide later if it was worth it.

People have wasted bigger chunks of time on American Idol :pfft:

Just started watching it last weekend myself. There was something off putting to me in the first episodes, but the relationships and characters slowly but surely develop and you start to really enjoy it. I felt just like you did OP when I saw the first episode.

I remember when this show was first aired, my wife and I watched the first episode aired (which was The Train Job), because the morons that be in programming decided it wasn't necessary to air the pilot first. We never watched another episode. We were like "what the hell is this?" Then after all the hoopla, and the dvd release (before the movie came out), we watched the episodes in the order Joss decided on for the DVDs. We fell in love with it, and all the characters. Honestly, I think it was one of the most intelligently written, fully realized shows I've seen in years (particularly this genre). Give it a chance, I did, and I don't regret it. I have the series and movie on Blu-Ray as well, and I re-watch it at least once a year. And now, of all the shows I like out there, this is the only one that I want the entire crew in 1/6th.

I like the show well enough now but at first I could not get in to it, it was just cowboys in space its the characters that make it Interesting. I'm still not a big fan of the show like some people are.

A lot of people love it from the beginning, but yes the first episode is definetely slower. But that's because there is a lot of universe to establish. The show is great in the beginning, but after the first 4 episodes it just gets so much better.

I LOVE the series, but I admit I didn't like the pilot episode. I definitely think Mal was more dour and serious in the pilot and that made it a little more difficult to get into. The first time I watched the series I considered giving up on it, but I continued, with my interest slightly waned. After a couple of episodes, and maybe by the Out of gas episode, I was completely hooked and thought this was the greatest series in the history of television. It got monumentally better for me after the pilot. I can now watch the pilot in a different better light, but I feel it has a different feel than the rest of the show.

I saw it out of order as Fox aired it with the Train Job first. And I didn't much care for it. The pilot redeemed it a bit, but wasn't totally hooked until episode 7 or 8 (whichever one with Christina Hendricks).

I saw Serenity first and bought Firefly the next day.

If you get through Shindig (4th episode, I believe) and still don't like it, I'd say give it up.

Funniest_Memes_500-pm-firefly-episode-1_15237.jpeg

Christina Hendricks
I only got like 2 episodes in (this year), then haven't really got back into it, but your post has me interested again.

Why am I watching? I want to know if I want to spend money on the 1/6 scale figures.

Back