Birds of Prey

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ironman1188

SO BE IT
Reaction score
Does anyone know if there are any plans for anyone to release the Birds of Prey TV series on DVD? Or better yet, did anybody happen to record the series when it ran?

Yeah I dont think WB is likley to release this series any time soon. I enjoyed it even thouhg it wasnt that faithful to the comics.

I wish sci-fi channel or someone would at least air them. :(
They were fun, introduced some of the comic villains to celluloid and would be great to spend a day over Christmas vacation watching with my 3 children.

Is there a way to burn from youtube onto a disc? Crowding around the computer to watch isn't what I had in mind.

yeah you have to download a bunch of crap, have foxfire as your browser and download the Riva flv encoder...... or I have it recorded on dvd

BOP was okay, it went the X-Men route by not putting them in any real superhero costumes just a bunch of leather so I was disappointed by the series. The single best episode is the one that depicted Oracle in her Batwoman costume. Unfortunately I remember it was shown in flashbacks and that she was barely shown in costume at all. Mia Sara was great as Harley Quinn, but once again I wanted superhero costumes. :(

Murderofcrows71 said:
yeah you have to download a bunch of crap, have foxfire as your browser and download the Riva flv encoder...... or I have it recorded on dvd

The pilot or the whole series? Can you make me a copy? :monkey3

Well on my recent trip to Walmart i saw this DVD Boxset for about 5 doll hairs, i couldnt resist. I always wanted to check the show out but never wanted to spend the Cash.

Im a huge fan of Smallville, DC comics & Warners so this being a show by them i was interested. Iv watched the first 3 or 4 eps and to be honest, i really like it. It has some very cool parts with the flashbacks to batman and the mythos, i never read birds of prey the comic but i like the tv shows story. Its very dark and gritty, reminds me of Smallville a little, in its later years, Its a pretty cool show. Love Dina Meyer as Batgirl, and the chicks are hot, its got cool effects but some of the actings terrible, and some of the episode storylines are weak, i can see why it flopped but i enjoy parts, it be cool to see a direct to dvd movie.

As I recall she was in costume quite a bit in that episode;Dina Meyer filled it out nicely.A fun show, but not terribly consistent with the mythology(or itself, as I recall)...PS

Well on my recent trip to Walmart i saw this DVD Boxset for about 5 doll hairs, i couldnt resist. I always wanted to check the show out but never wanted to spend the Cash.

Im a huge fan of Smallville, DC comics & Warners so this being a show by them i was interested. Iv watched the first 3 or 4 eps and to be honest, i really like it. It has some very cool parts with the flashbacks to batman and the mythos, i never read birds of prey the comic but i like the tv shows story. Its very dark and gritty, reminds me of Smallville a little, in its later years, Its a pretty cool show. Love Dina Meyer as Batgirl, and the chicks are hot, its got cool effects but some of the actings terrible, and some of the episode storylines are weak, i can see why it flopped but i enjoy parts, it be cool to see a direct to dvd movie.

Where do you live? I just went to two of my local walmarts and they told me its not available "in store" but can be bought online and shipped to a store for $16

As I recall she was in costume quite a bit in that episode;Dina Meyer filled it out nicely.A fun show, but not terribly consistent with the mythology(or itself, as I recall)...PS

I thought it was lame with the character origins, but it was a fun watch for a show.

Back