What is happening in the EU Warehouse

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bullseye

Super Freak
Reaction score
I've been charged weeks ago (maybe even one month) for Cap v Red Skull and more recently Magneto. The status is "Shipped" but i have not received a tracking number. I've also noticed a change in policy with SS shipping. They send you an email to say they are charging you before they ship these from the American warehouse to the EU warehouse. This would then mean that you are charged weeks in advance of receiving your item. Is this the case with the American customers?

whats happening with SS at all ?
Sunday 1 week ago... send SS a email.
Still no answer!

Hi!

I am having some mails with Cindy at the moment about this new feature.

As i understand it works this way:

Before:

China->US Warehouse->GB Warehouse->charging money->sending to us

Now:

China->US Warehouse->charging money->GB Warehouse->sending to us

As far as i get the point she said it would be quicker as before, as all the accounting stuff will be made in the us.

I am waiting for an answer for my question if ss cant think that this has some big dissadvantages for us.

Why not:

China->GB Warehouse->charging money->sending to us

And dont tell me that this would not be faster. I handle more stuff from china than ss will ever do. :D

That way the taxes for importing to the US could be saved also. But it would not bring additional profit to ss.

Lets see. I will cancel most of the stuff i dont really need till this issue exists.

And dont tell me that ss is a american company, i dont care about that.

I've noticed a number of people have just cancelled the Fantastic Four Diorama as they do not want to pay 6 weeks in advance of shipping. SS is going to charge CC's on the 20th December yet its not scheduled to ship from the American Warehouse to the EU warehouse until sometime in January. What is going on??:confused:

This really sucks that EU customers should wait after CC charged. I never see that with other seller, they charged CC only if they can send item and not directly when they know item will arrive in stock.
What the next? Charge CC when you lunch pre order :monkey1 :monkey1
:emperor

Im starting to think that the new way of:

China->US Warehouse->charging money->GB Warehouse->sending to us

will or has begun with a few possible teething troubles. I can't say for everyone as I don't know what they have been charged for or are expecting delivered. In my case, I received an email stating my Ex Aragorn had been shipped. This is almost a month ago so If it came from china-US-GB, it would make sense why its taking so long.

Im more concerned with the mix-up regarding the Ex Ironman and Ex Spiderman statues that went to the wrong people. Its been nearly a month since the Ironman was collected for delivery back to SS and I have not yet heard anything about where the spiderman I ordered is.

Overall, Im thinking there are one or two things going wrong at the EU deopot but thats life I guess. So long as I get my stuff eventually I will be happy.

Given current affairs at SS right now, they have more important things to be dealing with. I refer to the loss of a loved one and employee. At this time of year especially, I coudln't even begin to imagine the pain and Loss Diane's family is going through.

If any of you fellow EU freaks has not yet made a donation. Please follow the link below (if it works) or visit the SS site for details.

https://www.sideshowtoy.com/behindtheshow/?page_id=2406

God Bless.

Bullseye said:
I've noticed a number of people have just cancelled the Fantastic Four Diorama as they do not want to pay 6 weeks in advance of shipping. SS is going to charge CC's on the 20th December yet its not scheduled to ship from the American Warehouse to the EU warehouse until sometime in January. What is going on??:confused:

Sure! I will cancel all the stuff i can buy from dealers here. Thats better for the dealers, my home country and my nerves.

I am not that blind to stop thinking only because of a 5% voucher!

Something is really going wrong. And some of the points are very easy to solve with very less money.

1. Charge when item arrives in the UK!
2. Ship directly from China to the UK!
3. Throw out 1 person from the controlling and for this money get 20 people for qs in china! :D

Alleluyah receive my tracking for the captain A vs red skull (or an other thing :lol will see when arrive).
Now it's on the road and with chance I can have it for Christmas :chew .
Hope this situation will not be same for the FF4.

akamonrg said:
Alleluyah receive my tracking for the captain A vs red skull (or an other thing :lol will see when arrive).
Now it's on the road and with chance I can have it for Christmas :chew .
Hope this situation will not be same for the FF4.

same here...cap vs skull for crimbo.:chew :chew :chew :chew

Whatever the logistics may be, the situation re. the EU warehouse is currently unaccepatable. The time lag between US delivery and European delivery is ridiculous in a fast moving global economy. Please sort it out Sideshow!

thamesvalidude said:
in a fast moving global economy.

Thats on of the biggest problems i have with us distributors. Changed to chinese distrubutors and it worked much better. Its an up and down in business.....

It's nearly been a month since I have been charged for a couple of items I ordered from SSC. And I'm still waiting on a tracking number. Until now, I cancelled the FF4 diorama, and the WiKi legendary scale bust, because SSC charges to early IMO. Only this month I transferred over $900 to SSC, and yet, I'm waiting for my stuff?
I assume that if these orders arrive at my place, they probably will arrive within the same week (perhaps even the same day?), meaning that I could have saved some cash on shipping. And that's what get's me mad: all this money lost on shipping.

I wouldn't mind waiting a little longer on my stuff IF the reason for the delay would be because the warehouse would stack the orders, so they can combine them for shipping which would save me cash in the end. It's so stupid to pay $29 for EVERY 12" I order from SSC, when shipping two together would cost the same! Shipping them separately is only good for the shipping companies. Not good for the collector.

Got a tracking number today. Maybe Skull Vs. Cap! :chew

But seriously, it not ok to treat customers like that! Thats no good behaviour!

received cap vs skull today and its perfect,love it.im in london so hopefully eu people should get theirs very soon.

Domer said:
London? Any shops in London which carry Sideshow or Bowen Stuff? :emperor
forbidden planet megastore,shaftsbury avenue has loads of there gear.

but i got my cap vs skull ex from sideshow direct.

Bad period for us EU collectors: everyone is talking about the items they've received lately: Aragorn, ED209, Maul, 15" Alien warrior, Morgul Lord bust, FF4 diorama ... Non of these items will be under any EU Christmas tree this year, unless Santa would deliver them personally I guess...

Alice Adrenochrome said:
unless Santa would deliver them personally I guess...

Dont think that Santa will work for 10cents a day as he is not chinese.

And now nothing will be shipped out before 3rd of january as they are closed for the hollidays... :monkey2
No cap vs and spidey 1:1 this year I guess :monkey2 :monkey2

thats why I stick to ebay when it comes to SS exclusives or to local retailers.

but ebay isn't always the best adress.... esp. when you have a serious problem (missing magneto head)....:monkey2

Back