Commentary about my custom work... (workshop photos added)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mfisher

Super Freak
CF Supporter
Reaction score
Hey fellas… Just wanted to throw this out to you as a "for what it is worth"… I have been building custom gear sets now since the first Sideshow release of an Indy figure… (geesh.. what year was that anyway ?!?!) Over the years that followed I have tweaked things here and there.. MAde improvements.. Had some obstacles (not being able to find more buckles for example!) but for the most part I have plugged along fairly consistently.. All along this path I have not had any real complaints… at all… Damn near every one of my customers advised me that they were satisfied.. loved the gear etc.. Some customers never gave any feedback at all, but I monitored the forums - mainly here- to ensure that there was not any negative chatter about what I was doing… For the first time in years I had a QC issue this week and the customer contacted me to advise… I told him, as I want to tell ALL of you publicly.. SEND IT BACK… I will fix it…. I stance on this hobby is that I build a custom item.. if there is an issue, just tell me.. do not hesitate.. fire me a PM and I will shoot you my address for a return and I will fix the problem and return it.. period…. There are a slew of phenomenal artists on these forums… some of which, unfortunately, built poor reputations for how they handled customers and how they lagged on delivering.. I do not work with excuses.. I will deliver… So again.. this is somewhat of a PR post I guess… but it is important to me that you, as the customer, feel comfortable to actively communicate with me so that your money seems well spent… Thanks

Last edited:
Re: Commentary about my custom work...

Thanks Mike. We ALL know you're a stand-up guy who makes exceptional products but it's nice to hear (in the RARE exception) if something's not up to snuff you'll take care of it !

Great post Mike, nice to hear someone taking responsibility for their work. Just as it should be.

Mike no need to tell us. Still a happy customer after years. When a new indy arrives you'll be the first to recieve my pm :).

Remember the strange tod whip which went soft? You fixed that up nicely! Love your work man!

Hey fellas… Just wanted to throw this out to you as a "for what it is worth"… I have been building custom gear sets now since the first Sideshow release of an Indy figure… (geesh.. what year was that anyway ?!?!) Over the years that followed I have tweaked things here and there.. MAde improvements.. Had some obstacles (not being able to find more buckles for example!) but for the most part I have plugged along fairly consistently.. All along this path I have not had any real complaints… at all… Damn near every one of my customers advised me that they were satisfied.. loved the gear etc.. Some customers never gave any feedback at all, but I monitored the forums - mainly here- to ensure that there was not any negative chatter about what I was doing… For the first time in years I had a QC issue this week and the customer contacted me to advise… I told him, as I want to tell ALL of you publicly.. SEND IT BACK… I will fix it…. I stance on this hobby is that I build a custom item.. if there is an issue, just tell me.. do not hesitate.. fire me a PM and I will shoot you my address for a return and I will fix the problem and return it.. period…. There are a slew of phenomenal artists on these forums… some of which, unfortunately, built poor reputations for how they handled customers and how they lagged on delivering.. I do not work with excuses.. I will deliver… So again.. this is somewhat of a PR post I guess… but it is important to me that you, as the customer, feel comfortable to actively communicate with me so that your money seems well spent… Thanks

Just wanted to fire off my support for you and your work...

I bought some of your very early whips and belts and STILL have them on my Indy. Much has changed over the years - as it does with a custom - I just wanted to give you a large thumbs up and my verbal support for your skills. I have followed your work and seen the improvements as a natural thing and in no way feel disgruntled because of the difference from what you sell now to what you sold back then.

I have no idea why customisers and purchasers stay silent - nowadays the "buy" seems to be the only communication there is. I think it speaks for itself - or its meant to anyway...

Space Gladiator... would be more than happy to upgrade your gear.... PM me... if you can spare your gear for a few weeks.. I'd gladly tweak it to bring it up to standard... especially if you have one of my original whips... that goes for any of you who bought my original gear

Original whips had a round textured bead at the bottom.. Wrist loop was awful looking... Could probably find a pic of one in the very early posts in the custom Indy thread here... I have been hand sculpting the turks head knots on my whips now for the past few years..

Mike,

Thanks for being a stand up guy! I had you do a Raiders set for me almost two years ago and am still extremely happy with it . Your work is the highlight of my Indy figure.

Mike, I was admiring my 1/4 Raiders Indy statue just this morning and was thinking how much better it is with your belt, holster, bag and bag strap! Your talents really bring these collectibles to a new level!

Thanks for the generous offer - but really no need.

I totally agree with Lordscum... couldn't part with any of it, as I feel it to be 'just right' (as it was at the time of purchase)

For the heck of it.. and if anyone was curious... Here's "the workbench" where I have spent god only knows how many hours sewing belts & holsters over these last years... Although I have upgraded my desk here recently with a Cobalt workbench which had better storage space.. makes doing these projects so much easier when your tools are organized... Thats 2 ROTLA belts and holsters and 2 TOD belt & holster sets in the making there.. as well as a pile of TOD bag straps which have yet to be hand oiled and the hardware added... after dying the leather, whether it be a belt, bag strap or holster - I hand oil the leather and massage it until it reaches a soft, flexible feel...

That's a great workshop! I think photos like this are great, just shows the passion, time, effort, and organization it takes to accomplish such wonderful art.

Back