1/6 Hot Toys - 1/6 - Iron Man 3 - Mark XXII - Hot Rod ??

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fan

1/6 addicted
CF Supporter
Reaction score
14854828091_f5d3d98e93_b.jpg

14671267359_394e696ce8_b.jpg

14854827981_c9d321ba60_b.jpg

Source: https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?147813

Though I didn't get much of IM3 yet, I think this one would be to cool to pass. :panic:

Specially as a hot rod fan!

Last edited:
Looks good there, still nothing confirmed though I think, but its inevitable
a must for some but I don't know :dunno

Completely unnecessary for me, but a nice paint app and I know there's a few here that are dying to get it. Cool to see a semi-confirmation that it's on the way, for those chaps that want it.

This is the last figure I need for my War Machine Cabinet.

I know he's not a War Machine but it was the Prototype Armor for the Mark 2.

He will replace the Midas Figure on the bottom left shelf :

Whats in the center there? I can't make it out

If you mean below the Gantry, that would be my 50mm Meteorite Sphere Collection :)

What stands are you using for your figures? I like those!

I make a custom base and use the factory rod and clamp.

That display is retarded cool. Nice.

Thanks

Very nice display Boba. Where did you snag those helmets?

I'm a member of the RPF and I got them from a member named BigGeek.

If you want more info all of this stuff is explained better in my collection thread.

Last edited:
I think it's just a mock-up. Looking at the chest plate you can see where they painted over the star on the Iron Patriot figure.

Now not to say it won't come out. Since it is Iron Man related and a pretty easy repaint I'd say it was almost guaranteed but it doesn't look as far along as one would hope.

I think it's just a mock-up. Looking at the chest plate you can see where they painted over the star on the Iron Patriot figure.

Now not to say it won't come out. Since it is Iron Man related and a pretty easy repaint I'd say it was almost guaranteed but it doesn't look as far along as one would hope.

I think from what I read / saw some time back that's how it was in the movie.

I think from what I read / saw some time back that's how it was in the movie.

Hmm, interesting. I guess it would make it even easier to produce for Hot Toys.

it's good to know that Tony was getting as lazy as Hasbro with the repaints.

Hot Rod is supposed to have the painted-over star. So it is accurate.

Which make no sense at all.

Hot Rod was the prototype for War Machine Mark II, which does not have the star.

It is obvious that AIM added the star to the armor when they did the re-fit to make it Iron Patriot.

I don't have a problem with most of the little flaws in movies but REALLY.....

Which make no sense at all.

Hot Rod was the prototype for War Machine Mark II, which does not have the star.

It is obvious that AIM added the star to the armor when they did the re-fit to make it Iron Patriot.

I don't have a problem with most of the little flaws in movies but REALLY.....

Bah, that's why I try not to get too invested with some of the accuracies that people look for. You say it had a star, fine it had a star. I don't know 100% it did or didn't and since it doesn't take away my enjoyment of the design I'm just going to go with it.

Though Iron Man = Hasbro Batman. Actually, now that I think about it it's worse. The Iron Man movies are what it would have been like if Hasbro made Batman movies. Though you could argue they did with Forever and Batman & Robin.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back