SW VS. LOTR #13: Padme VS. Arwen

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Padme VS. Arwen

• Padme

Votes: 47 45.2%
  • Arwen

Votes: 57 54.8%

• Total voters

tomandshell

Blue Flame of the West/Mod
Reaction score
We are drawing near to the conclusion of our fifteen part poll marathon, but there are still a few more to go before the end. LOTR has a healthy lead after winning the past two polls--but does Natalie Portman have what it takes to get Star Wars back into the race? Or will Liv Tyler's minimal screen time beat the odds and give LOTR another victory? Vote now and we shall see...

padmevsarwenkb7.jpg

This brown-haired heroine has beauty, grace, intelligence, and the ability the lay aside her peaceful nature and wield a weapon when she needs to defend the life of those under her care. Although the situation forbids romance with the man of her dreams, she falls in love with him anyway—despite the age difference. Following a heart-wrending vision featuring their yet-to-be born child, she ultimately makes a choice to stand by her man no matter the cost—even if it means her life.

PAST POLL RESULTS:
1. Han Solo (39) VS. Aragorn (80)
2. Obi-Wan Kenobi (41) VS. Gandalf (62)
3. C-3PO & R2-D2 (44) VS. Merry & Pippin (42)
4. Luke (56) VS. Frodo (40)
5. Darth Maul (62) VS. Lurtz (28)
6. Chewbacca (41) VS. Gimli (44)
7. Count Dooku (19) VS. Saruman (65)
8. General Grievous (58) VS. Gothmog (29)
9. Princess Leia (26) VS. Legolas (39)
10. Darth Vader (61) VS. The Witch King (21)
11. Lando (23) VS. Boromir (52)
12. Mace Windu (38) VS. King Theoden (47)

Natalie Portman rocks, Padme brought us Luke and Leia and Natalie Portman rocks. But I think Arwen was a way cooler character. Much more bad ass IMHO!

Last edited:
Padme. Arwen just whinned to Elrond the whole time. Really didn't add anything to the films other than Aragorn's relationship to her over Eowyn. Eownyn vs Padme would have been more difficult since both fought, but in that case Eowyn would have won since she killed the Witch King.

Padme easily. And not just because I love Natalie Portman. Tell me, what did Arwen do besides take Frodo to Rivendell? I usually fast forward every other sceen she's in from TTT and ROTK becuase they are just love story filler.

Padme fought in two battles and would've fought in more if she'd been allowed. Not to mention that it's really thanks to her that we ever had Darth Vader.

Padme can take care of herself, no one will dispute that but she has no "powers"... Arwen has her "Elven magic" to rely on. She demonstrated cunning in escaping all those wraiths and that spell she used to defeat them was quite something to say the least! She most likely has other equaly impressive spells that we never got to see.

Though I really love both... In a fight, I'd have to give it to Arwen.

There was more romantic love, passion, and tension in any Arwen and Aragorn scene, than in all of Padme's scenes with Anakin combined.

Arwen rescued Frodo from the badass Ringwraiths while Padme arrived at Dooku's hangar too late to do anything.

None of Arwen's dialogue made me cringe.

I'm not really a huge fan of Arwen... but when I think about her I don't cringe like I do with Padme. And whats sad about that is in EpI Padme was a solid character, but bad directing and writing really screwed-up her character.

So Arwen for me on this one.

Neither character is a favorite of mine, but I'll give it to Arwen simply because Liv Tyler delivered a better performance.

Of course, she also had much, much better dialogue to work with and a director who is actually capable of directing actors and not just using them as set dressing for the special effects.

Arwen had very little to do with the story. Aragorn could have ridden to Rivendale to save Frodo. After that, Arwen didn't do much of anything. She could have been completely cut as far as I'm conserned. Aragorn could have just end up with Eowyn and Faramir died.

Can't really get rid of Padme because then Luke and Leia and the entire OT couldn't have happened.

Besides Arwen was goofy looking and so were her dads (Weaving and Tyler).

Padme's cooler, she's destroyed lots of droids, and she's hot. And she gets to do lots of cool things. Arwen only has the FOTR thing where she protects frodo, and that wasn't even in the book, so yeah.

Buttmunch said:
Arwen had very little to do with the story. Aragorn could have ridden to Rivendale to save Frodo. After that, Arwen didn't do much of anything. She could have been completely cut as far as I'm conserned. Aragorn could have just end up with Eowyn and Faramir died.

Can't really get rid of Padme because then Luke and Leia and the entire OT couldn't have happened.

I'll agree with that.

"Hold me, Anakin. Hold me like you did by the lake on Naboo."

Even though she had some of the worst dialog of all the SW films, I'm still voting for Padme.

Back