Premium Format Demithyle The Reaper: Death’s General V2.0

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

azurepred

It's so fluffy!!!
Reaction score
Click the link! Buy now!
Exalted Reaper General -Demithyle Legendary Scale™ Figure up for pre-order!

I guess it would explain why the character is still "rising soon"

DOUBLE CONFIRMED GENTS!! SideShowJoe can thank me later ;)

me: hi, I was just wondering if it was true that you guys plan on releasing a variant to the Demithyle Reaper general in the COTD line? Just thought I'd ask before planning on paying aftermarket prices for the first one. Thanks!

Just a moment...

Sideshow Elisse: Hello!

me: hello!

Sideshow Elisse: Yes that is correct.

me: oh, ok, cool beans. You wouldn't happen to know what will be different about the variant would you? [grin]

[grin]

Sideshow Elisse: Our production team is currently in the works of making a similar Demithyle, it will be the same character.

Color scheme will be different and the base will be different

me: ok, thanks for the info Elisse, appreciate it. Have a good one

Sideshow Elisse: You're welcome!
Have a great day!

Just received this an hour ago..

Thank you for contacting our Customer Service Department and for your interest in our products!

We are actually in the works of producing another Demithyle; however, the base will be different and the color scheme will be different as well. Please stay tuned to our weekly newsletter for updates.

Please do not hesitate in contacting me if you have any further questions.

Fire away....

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Demithyle The Reaper: Death’s General Variant confirmed?

Yes!! I knew I was crazy and saw that artwork!

I just posted this in the reaper thread. Looks to be legit unless a conspiracy is afoot?

Heck yes! I have been looking for this guy for a while. Booyah!

One more thing... For the past month, I haven't seen any of the original for sale. I wonder how many will pop up when the news hits.

Great news - this time he'll be mine :yess:

One more thing... For the past month, I haven't seen any of the original for sale. I wonder how many will pop up when the news hits.

last two sold for a little above $1700 each in the US

I heard a rumor about this at the SS booth at SDCC as well. Glad it's been confirmed.

From Statue Forum:

Hi, Alex. Can you further elaborate on the Demithyle variant that a representative from Sideshow just confirmed is in production? Will it be in the same LSF scale, or 1:4?

I just found out about this today, so I have very minimal details. Here is what I know of what is currently expected of the piece...

It will still be in Legendary Scale Figure format
It will have an entirely new base
The pose might have a slight variation made to it
Some of the paint scheme will be different
All the switch-out elements the original reaper had will not be included in this one

Basically...those that have the original release will have the following...

A very low ES item
The ultimate version of the Reaper General in that form (since the upcoming one will not come with all the various switch-out items the original had).

Update:

Tiny clarification...

He will have less switch-out parts
An entirely new base
A different variation to the pose
New paint scheme
New cut and sew (just found this out after I posted yesterday).

Please know that I certainly understand where owners of the original piece are coming from where they believe that their piece is being replicated to the T in the future, or that introducing a variation of the first one will devalue their current one, or that the edition size of the original one is now being expanded with the future release. But I also understand the other side that this future piece has so many new elements to it that its become a really drastically changed piece when compared to the first release of the character.

Hopefully I'm not fanning the flames too much, just wanted to interject a little more information as some of what I posted earlier was either not seen or remembered.

Oh no please don't give me a reason to get I to this line.....

This one is the only one of the line I was going to do(and I have one). I like having rare items...I do not care about value, just rare. And yes...mine will be selling soon. I am done with sideshow just as I was with hot toys when they re issued the iron man and predator line.

Please do not pm me asking to sell as this is not a sell thread nor am I premium member.

This one is the only one of the line I was going to do(and I have one). I like having rare items...I do not care about value, just rare. And yes...mine will be selling soon. I am done with sideshow just as I was with hot toys when they re issued the iron man and predator line.

Please do not pm me asking to sell as this is not a sell thread nor am I premium member.
You should check out that Hercules statue ARH just came out with. They didn't make a lot of him and he looks amazing. You taking care of that Spiderman Comiquette Ex that I sold you? I sure miss that statue.:monkey2 :lol

You should check out that Hercules statue ARH just came out with. They didn't make a lot of him and he looks amazing. You taking care of that Spiderman Comiquette Ex that I sold you? I sure miss that statue.:monkey2:lol

Yes sir. That spidey has been a center piece for my collection. You taught me a lot. I never handle statues except when wearing gloves. But alas, all things must end. Going to have a big sell off on another board.

image.jpg

Yes sir. That spidey has been a center piece for my collection. You taught me a lot. I never handle statues except when wearing gloves. But alas, all things must end. Going to have a big sell off on another board.

View attachment 124944

It's nice to see him again: it feels like you're sending me a picture of a loved-one that you're holding hostage.:lol I'm happy he went to a good home. On which board are you going to have the sale? Are you just not collecting Sideshow anymore, or are you going to stop collecting statues altogether?

Awesome news. I wonder how much different the new base will be.

I feel the same way. Rarity and uniqueness are two reasons by which I base my collection, however, it is not the final factor when I purchase a statue. While I will always prefer low edition sizes, it is the love of the statue that must accompany it. These two factors aren't mutually exclusive. Beauty always comes first but it is more beautiful when it is rare!

The LSF is still rare and awesome! This will be different.

Back