Media Final fantasy 7 remake confirmed?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bull ****, Square-Enix has stated in the past that whilst they wouldn't mind remaking it, they wanted to focus on making their new FF games as good/memorable as their old ones.

Last edited:
SE mentioned they won't touch it until they make a game that surpasses VII... which pretty much undermines every sequel :lol

FFX is my favorite Final Fantasy, played 7 once, really don't have a desire to play it again but if they did a remake that got rid of random battle encounters with todays graphics and voice work I might be tempted to play it again. I'd actually rather see Chrono Cross get remade before 7 lol now that's a game that could really benefit from todays graphics with how rich and colorful it is.

The only thing I'm worried about the alleged remake is that SquareEnix might redo the music just like FFXHD, which except for a handful of songs, actually sounded worse. It's truly one of those "What were they thinking?" moments I've had this year. :slap

And a FFVII remake would so little resemble the original game, that a million fanboys who have been calling for it for the last decade would all simultaneously cry out... "but that's not FFVII!!!"

As long as the style, story and music resemble, I would be happy. FFVII's style is so unique. Very modern in some ways, futuristic in others and the way they blend in medieval and fantasy elements is great too. I also love the look to Midgar. Advent Children lost me with the dull look with Edge city.

I really think the reason Square haven't made this is they are afraid. People have been screaming for a HD remake for soo long expectations will be so high, it'll be nearly impossible to satisfy the audience.

There's also the issue of how to remake it. Will it be a simple re-skin of the original? A total rework of the the game-play, and/or even the story? Too many elements to consider

Square just don't have the talent they use too just re skin the original keep everything the same.

Ive never played FFVII so i wouldnt mind any which way they remake it, but that would be the best way imo. Myabe update some things to improve. So its the best of both worlds. Thats how i would love them to remake MGS1 too, or any classic (PS1 era) game for that matter

you should play the original man, i'm not sure how you'd feel playing it 17 years later (damn it's old) having never played the original back in the late 90's but you should anyway

I know I just haven't got round to it. Mostly cause I hate RPGs. They feel like menus: the game to me, ya know.

That being said I played a little ni no Kuni and liked it

Well, the Abe Oddysee remake has heaped criticism because it is different to the original... the main criticism being the new controls and vocals.... and it is a side-scroller platformer converted to a HD semi-3Dish platformer..

Imagine FFVII redone using a FFXIII style engine. The level design changes will get slammed, and no matter who voices the vocals, that will get criticised too... At least FFX you can faithfully recreate the game 99.9% exact with prettier visuals.. (and even then some people refuse to play it because of the music change)

Back