Mad Max: Fury Road

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Mad max: Fury road trailer

Always felt like the first and second films didnt quite fit together. I really didnt bother to care about this remake because the Road Warrior holds such a strong place in my heart, but I have to admit that this has me excited for more.

It's not a remake, it's a reboot. So the only thing from the original trilogy in this film is the character Max. :wave

Looks good. Has a feel closer to Thunderdome than the rawness of Mad Max/Road Warrior. They have at least brought back the main supporting characters: awesome wild custom cars.

Always felt like the first and second films didnt quite fit together. I really didnt bother to care about this remake because the Road Warrior holds such a strong place in my heart, but I have to admit that this has me excited for more.

They fit perfectly together. In Mad Max society is crumbling. Afterwards World War III happens. Then three years later the events of the The Road Warrior take place. Thunderdome is 15 years after RW.

This film looks like it could take place after the RW, but he as the Interceptor. So I would think it's a reboot.

I was a little disappointed in the panel. I was hoping for the trailer to give more than it did and some of the actors to show up. It was just the director who said when asked this one was closer to Road Warrior than any of the others and he acted as if it was a continuation of the previous series.

Looks good. Has a feel closer to Thunderdome than the rawness of Mad Max/Road Warrior. They have at least brought back the main supporting characters: awesome wild custom cars.

They fit perfectly together. In Mad Max society is crumbling. Afterwards World War III happens. Then three years later the events of the The Road Warrior take place. Thunderdome is 15 years after RW.

This film looks like it could take place after the RW, but he as the Interceptor. So I would think it's a reboot.

Makes sense, I was pretty young (about 12) when I saw Mad Max, and I saw it after I saw Road Warrior. I should give the original another try.

Wow just wow!
This is now at the top of my list of films I can't miss.
I hope we get figures from HT from this, and that would lead into figures and an Interceptor from the other films.

Last edited:

I said I wasn't gonna see this... Now I gotta go see it!

I'm super excited for this after seeing the trailer. After my buddy saw this movie and told me it was awesome beginning to end I didn't think I could believe him but this trailer makes me think he wasn't lying.

So,

is he THE Max or just someone with that name who has the same car?

I wonder if "The Drifter" (Gibson) will be in this or was he removed from the story.

So i'm confused, sequel or reboot?

Regardless, this is what I wanted after RW, instead we got TT. :lol

It's an excellent film - a true classic.

If you say so. I've seen it twice. It sucked both times more than a Thai prostitute Voltron formed from Dyson vacuum cleaners. Road Warrior and Beyond Thunderdome are cool but Mad Max.. more like Mad Meh.

Taran-Killam-as-Jebidiah-Atkinson-on-Saturday-Night-Live.jpg

I need to revist BT.

But MM, while having some iconic scenes and voice overs, I have to admit that i'm afraid to revisit because I don't know if it would hold up.

Now, why is BT worth revisiting again. :lol

Back