Any Universal Monsters or Boris Karloff happenings at SDCC 2014?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Any Universal Monsters or Boris Karloff happenings at SDCC 2014?

The Monster,
Nick

I wish! If only SS would get that license back. I don't think they could improve on the original PFs but a Son Of would be great or an extention of the line to include others. I haven't heard of anything at sdcc 14 yet.

I would love to see a complete revival of all my favorite Universal monsters in 1/4 or bigger: Dracula, Frankenstein's monster, Wolf Man, the Mummy, and the Creature.
Sadly, all we seem to be getting is the Invisible Man. :lol

Well there is the Cinemaquette of the Creature, but I doubt they will do any more. Who knows though, with the remakes coming in a few years that may get the companies to pump out more items.

Well there is the Cinemaquette of the Creature, but I doubt they will do any more. Who knows though, with the remakes coming in a few years that may get the companies to pump out more items.

Frankenstein's monster, if done very well, would be amazing as a Cinemaquette.

Monster, I looked everywhere for new and/or interesting UM stuff at the show this year... but the pickings were slim. Diamond is releasing a few new toys. The auction house "Profiles in History" had some old UM lobby cards in their cases... cool seeing those rarities. But mostly I saw lots of items released in the last few years but nothing super rare or head turning.

Maybe there's a licensing issue with Universal? :dunno

I wish I knew. I'd really like these to be revisited and created in 1/4 using the techniques and materials we now have at present.

Maybe there's a licensing issue with Universal? :dunno

I wish I knew. I'd really like these to be revisited and created in 1/4 using the techniques and materials we now have at present.

Maybe they will make a return one day. Unfortunately, I think from a business perspective, Sideshow wants to concentrate on DC and Marvel. They're making millions for Sideshow. Uni Monsters are some of my favorites. But they're not guaranteed to bring in the kind of cash the comic stuff does. Yes, it could also be licensing issues too.

Back