GODZILLA: KING OF THE MONSTERS - Legendary Pictures' Godzilla 2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jye4ever

Broke and happy
Reaction score
SDCC 2014 HUGE ANNOUNCEMENT!

Just announced in a new teaser at their Hall H panel at San Diego Comic-Con, Legendary Pictures have confirmed that the previously-announced sequel to Godzilla will once again be directed by Gareth Edwards and feature three classic monsters: Rodan, Mothra and Ghidorah! Our own Ed Douglas described the teaser as follows:

“They showed a bunch of old newsreel footage similar to the opening credits but it was interspersed with the tag: “There is still one secret that remains hidden,” “There are others.” And then we see a shadow of what’s clearly Rodan with the words “Codename: Rodan.” Then they show the old Mothra with the title “Codename: Mothra,” and lastly…. “Codename: Ghidorah! Monarch Assessment: Conflict Imminent.” Followed by the words “LET THEM FIGHT”

Edwards also confirmed that he won’t return to direct the sequel until after his already-announced Star Wars spin-off film. No official release date has been set for the film.

Re: Legendary Pictures GODZILLA 2

SDCC 2014 HUGE ANNOUNCEMENT!

Just announced in a new teaser at their Hall H panel at San Diego Comic-Con, Legendary Pictures have confirmed that the previously-announced sequel to Godzilla will once again be directed by Gareth Edwards and feature three classic monsters: Rodan, Mothra and Ghidorah! Our own Ed Douglas described the teaser as follows:

“They showed a bunch of old newsreel footage similar to the opening credits but it was interspersed with the tag: “There is still one secret that remains hidden,” “There are others.” And then we see a shadow of what’s clearly Rodan with the words “Codename: Rodan.” Then they show the old Mothra with the title “Codename: Mothra,” and lastly…. “Codename: Ghidorah! Monarch Assessment: Conflict Imminent.” Followed by the words “LET THEM FIGHT”

Edwards also confirmed that he won’t return to direct the sequel until after his already-announced Star Wars spin-off film. No official release date has been set for the film.

I cannot believe this this.

They are really making this happen?

I hope that this doesn't stop them from introducing anymore new monsters though...

Don't let them fight anymore.

Wow, someone liked that pos too much I guess...

Wow a sequel to another horrible movie.

It might not necessarily feature all three monsters. They've simply acquired the rights to them. The sequel may only have one or two of them.

Unless... I don't know actually. Just don't want to get my hopes up because this is FANTASTIC NEWS.

I don't know. GE has been adamant about wanting to do a Destroy All Monsters remake. Might as well have Ghidrah Three Headed Monster remake first.

Only bad news is that this won't get made until the director is done with his Star Wars spinoff. So it could be a while before we see it, 2017 or 2018 probably. :(

Back