The Last of Us - the movie

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Entropy

Super Freak
Reaction score
Just had a huge surprise announcement in Hall H - Sam Rami is producing a Last of Us film with video game writer Neil Druckman writing the script. Naughty Dog apparently has total control, writing it and choosing the director and cast. And as Ellie... they've had an early meeting with Maisie Williams from Game of Thrones!

That Game was incredibly scary and I loved every minute of it. Here's hoping it get's the great writer, director, and cast that it deserves. the kind of attention video game movies never get.

If it doesn't, than I don't even want to see a frame of it, because I'd hate to tarnish the memory and experience of that amazing game.

Glad Raimi is Producing and not actually Directing, his style just wouldnt suit the tone and atmosphere the game created, in my opinion.

I've known about the movie and Raimi/Druckman's involvement, but it's great to hear that ND has autonomous control, and that Maisie Williams is being considered for Ellie, she's great!

As long as ND is heavily involved, it won't turn out to be another Resident Evil hopefully.

The thing both Sam and Nick stressed multiple times that they respect the story so much and they will do the adaptation right. The goal is to make the first great video game movie and the most important part if that is the Joel and Ellie relationship. They said all the right things. Druckman mentioned he thought about changing the beginning and ending but Rami dissuading him.

Yup. Wish it was a tshirt tho. At least it's not a button.

Your figs, Marf, have inspired me to make my own Joel and Ellie.

I have no faith in game to movie projects when the game rips off multiple movies to begin with. Just look at all the films that inspired the producers of this game. True Grit, Road to Perdition, The Road, 28 Days Later, Children of Men. Not to mention all the books/graphic novels that served as inspiration as well. It's essentially gonna be a gumbo pot of theft and rehashed elements already seen on the big screen. Meh.

iK1X5Ce.jpg

I have no faith in game to movie projects when the game rips off multiple movies to begin with. Just look at all the films that inspired the producers of this game. True Grit, Road to Perdition, The Road, 28 Days Later, Children of Men. Not to mention all the books/graphic novels that served as inspiration as well. It's essentially gonna be a gumbo pot of theft and rehashed elements already seen on the big screen. Meh.

"The Last of Us: The Movie"

"Based on the best selling Video Game based on a bunch of movies based on a bunch of books and based on a bunch of movies that weren't books and a bunch of books that weren't movies."

"Coming Soon to a Theater near you."

Back