NECA 1/4 Scale Batman Returns Danny DeVito Penguin Figure!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sallah

Super Freak
Reaction score
Gentlemen... Start your screaming!

image.jpg

Sallah

Chances of the paint job staying like this though production? Zero.

Looks great though (likeness a little cartoony) but this isn't what will get released next year

Nice looking figure but I collect 1/6 scale--I just don't have the money or the room to move up to 1/4 scale. But this figure makes me feel good about the prospect of seeing a Hot Toys Penguin soon. He's still on toy companies' minds.

Gotta give them credit, they didn't go the safe route. I expected them to do the regular "Mayoral prospect" look, which is safe, but no, they had the balls to go all out.

This figure in his baby onsie looks hideous and disgusting. Look at the grime, stains, tears, holes and obesity. It's horrific. They really pulled it off, it looks frightening. I'm sold as long as the final product lives up to this prototype. Here's hoping for the baby umbrella.

Where's Maglor, he'd love this stuff.

I know the licensing issue puts a block on it but if they could give me this in a 7 inch scale, with that paintjob, a second hatless portrait and some accessories I would easily pay ed209 money for it. Maybe even more.

I think the 1/4 scale line for NECA is starting to straddle an awkward gap between affordable low end collectibles and high end display pieces. The rising costs (the joker fig over here is £100 rrp) are starting to put these into the latter category and the final pieces just aren't matching that.

I'd love for them to prove me wrong though, as it stands I would easily pay £100+ for that piece as it is now

Wow, kind of shocked they just went with the union suit.

I'll hope they are doing a removable cloth coat... Otherwise, why bother with the (hopefully removable) hat? The hat, coat, and union suit together make sense as his "visiting the graveyard" garb...

pengiun.jpg

And I understand why NECA went with the union suit... With their horror movie figure background, this- the "grossest" of Penguin's looks- was probably the most appealing to them. :)

Sallah

Interested so far...

need more info. Will wait closer to release.

Looks good. Everything is there except a little Danny DeVito likeness. Kind of looks like a Halloween costume. I don’t collect 1/4 scale but one of the missing pieces in my 7inch scale collection has always been Penguin. Maybe not this particular version but If Neca produced 7 inch versions of Penguin (including this) I would be making the purchase.

I could see them shrinking this down to 7" like they did with their '89 Batman.

NECA loves their retool reuse, they could pop out a lot variants of Penguin with the same base body.

Back