Templar of Bone (Court of Dead) Life Size Bust

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MagnumOpus

Super Freak
Reaction score
Preview-Night-Sideshow171.jpg

Preview-Night-Sideshow172.jpg

Preview-Night-Sideshow173.jpg

Preview-Night-Sideshow031.jpg

I don't know if anyone has noticed yet, but this bust is almost a duplicate of the Frozen Dead PF's face.

frozendead.jpgTemplarBoneBust.jpg

That's funny since they already made a PF of the Templar, but it's got a different face :lol Guess they liked the sculpt, but didn't want a Nazi as part of the court :lol

It is a duplicate. Andy Bergholtz originally sculpted this to be a life sized bust of the Nazi zombie PFF before they changed their minds and made a templar zombie instead. It had an oridinary helmet minus the giant star and tattered clothing. Then I guess sideshow decided to make it part of the court of the dead series and added the star and the new wardrobe.

I already have the Frozen Dead PF Ex and it is very well done. You could actually add it to the periphery of the court, as far as display options go. The new Red Skull for that matter, too. There's a Frozen Dead Ex for sale in the commerce page for a steal of a price - $275, if anyone is looking for one.
Oh yea, I'll probably buy this dupe bust, too.

I'm a bit disappointed by the choices for the bust line. They should of gone with the Reaper, Queen of the Dead or someone high ranking in the Court.

I think it makes perfect sense that they didn't. All those characters are a total package kind of deal. You require the entire body and gear to fully grasp their characters. This is just some zombie/skeleton soldier.

I think it makes perfect sense that they didn't. All those characters are a total package kind of deal. You require the entire body and gear to fully grasp their characters. This is just some zombie/skeleton soldier.

well said, i know that i want a large portion of the court, a few I'm not supper into like red death, arbitor, and that chick with the staff and scroll. that being said i really enjoy this bust, no sure whether ill go in for it. maybe if its reasonable priced.

If I could display him without the giant star on his helmet, I'd be even more inclined to buy him. I'm assuming it will ship as a separate piece in the box but I'd rather not have a giant hole visible .

I didn't see anything new about this in the blog. I know this was announced at SDCC last year but that's it, right?
Hope I'm wrong and this will go up for pre-order soon. I'll be surprised if it's less than $999.

I didn't see anything new about this in the blog. I know this was announced at SDCC last year but that's it, right?
Hope I'm wrong and this will go up for pre-order soon. I'll be surprised if it's less than $999.

If you look on the Court of the Dead page, the bust is listed as "coming soon" (below the "Explore this Collection" part). I think it will be up for preorder during the next months, but I don't believe it will be available in 2015.

If you look on the Court of the Dead page, the bust is listed as "coming soon" (below the "Explore this Collection" part). I think it will be up for preorder during the next months, but I don't believe it will be available in 2015.

Ah,,,, he's there with Death, Cleopsis, Xiall & Morth... It will be interesting to see if they follow the pre-orders in that order. One every 2-3 months would cover all we would get to PO in 2015.

I'm just hoping Death is next up on pre-order. And that he is under $500...
I think the Oglavaeil & Skratch pricing experiment will be a good barometer for future pricing. If they had say 700-1000 pre-orders of that set for $750, we can expect incredibly high prices on The Court in the future.
Hoping less than 200 pre-orders happened, and will bring pricing down on future pieces.

Not going to happen. Last I heard about a month ago on FB they said they have zero plans right now for ANY 1:1 busts.

Back