Hot Toys - STAR WARS 1/6th & 1/4th Figures from Episode I-VII + New Interviews

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
7/31/14 - UPDATE: New Interview - Anakin and Darth Vader in the works:
10553326_10152239544136581_66670616701129955_n.jpg

7/24/14 - UPDATE: Interview - X-Wing?

10400851_10152317176593108_1201218506385131329_n.jpg

Original Announcement:

“A long time ago, in a galaxy far far away…”

We are extremely excited to officially announce today, Hot Toys has acquired the right to manufacture 1/6th scale and 1/4th scale collectible figures from the STAR WARS universe, including the upcoming highly anticipated Star Wars Episode VII that is set to hit theatres in December, 2015. Look forward to the high-end collectibles from the new movie and the original Episode I – VII!

Fans please stay tuned, and “May the Force be with you”!

“Fans in Hong Kong can LIKE the official Star Wars page for Hong Kong https://www.facebook.com/starwarshongkong to follow the latest news Star Wars Episode 7 news and announcements!”

“International fans can LIKE the official Star Wars page https://www.facebook.com/StarWars to follow the latest news Star Wars Episode 7 news and announcements!”

10157182_10152201249667344_2985863534502310804_n.jpg

Last edited:
Re: Hot Toys - STAR WARS 1/6th & 1/4th Scale Figures from Episode I - VII

I'm excited to see the sculpts that HT can produce with this

Awesome! Let's see what more they do.

Interesting, wonder what this holds in terms of current property development. Anyone know if this is a separate license apart from Sideshow, valid for Asian markets, or a sub-license situation similar to their Transformers announcement? I would think it's a separate license since they can show Disney how successful they are at printing money (aka Iron Man figs).

Seems like the rumor about Han being announced soon isn't too far fetched. Rather curious on what characters they'll be making into their 1/4 scale line though.

Re: Hot Toys - STAR WARS 1/6th & 1/4th Scale Figures from Episode I - VII Announcemen

HT is getting into SW now?! I need a third job.

Hot Toys announce Star Wars license

“A long time ago, in a galaxy far far away…”

We are extremely excited to officially announce today, Hot Toys has acquired the right to manufacture 1/6th scale and 1/4th scale collectible figures from the STAR WARS universe, including the upcoming highly anticipated Star Wars Episode VII that is set to hit theatres in December, 2015. Look forward to the high-end collectibles from the new movie and the original Episode I – VII!

Fans please stay tuned, and “May the Force be with you”!

10157182_10152201249667344_2985863534502310804_n.jpg

Re: Hot Toys - STAR WARS 1/6th & 1/4th Scale Figures from Episode I - VII Announcemen

So I guess this means they have an actual license rather than just working through Sideshow

1/6 -

Emperor Palpatine
Darth Vader
ROTJ Boba Fett

Will all do for a start.

Is this a joint thing with SSC?

So they are gonna make proper figures and just not all DX's. That's something far more interesting. With this being announced the day before SDCC, I expect them to have at least one figure on display at one of the shows.

1/6 -

Emperor Palpatine
Darth Vader
ROTJ Boba Fett

Will all do for a start.

Is this a joint thing with SSC?
The original announcement was to announce that they were doing this with SSC but this announcement seems to be saying that they have the license on their own instead.

hot-toys-sideshow-star-wars.jpg

Holy moley. I'm officially out of all other Star Wars collecting except 1/6.
All I want is
ESB Han
ESB Leia
Chewie
Vader
Boba
Emperor

So now we know what's been going on behind the scenes.

As guessed by some, HT has been waiting for the license on their own.

And this explains why we're benefitting with so much goodness right now.

No wonder SS is banging out the releases.

Everything is awesome!!!!

Back