Hot Toys ED-209 MMS204 *RUBBER DETERIORATION* Discussion/Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Predator1221

Super Freak
Reaction score
I think this thread probably needs little introduction at this point.

Please post any future questions, concerns, pictures, and additional site links that pertain to the rubber deterioration of

MMS204 Hot Toys ED-209 here.

Thanks, and good luck everyone.

link to MMS204 discussion thread; https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/...%96-MMS204-The-1-6th-scale-ED-209-Collectible

link to facebook page; https://www.facebook.com/Hottoysed209

or contact hot toys directly; https://www.hottoys.com.hk/contact.php

IMG_20140712_102610.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok guys the facebook page is set

https://www.facebook.com/Hottoysed209

I took the liberty of using the pictures ive found on this very thread hope its ok with the persons involved :)
Im not sure about the tittle of the page yet so let me know about it or any other suggestions :)

share it as much as you can, and if you got more pics upload them on it.

I think opening a new thread only about this problem would be a good idea too :)

Thought I'de re-post this here.

Thanks Predator!
I need to check my ED asap!

SIDESHOW OFFICIAL RESPONSE that someone got

Thank you very much for your patience while we investigated your inquiry. Unfortunately, we found we do not have any replacements for your ED-209 that would be a considerable improvement. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause you.

Please review the options below to see how we will be able to best assist you in this matter.

If you would like to keep your ED-209 as is, we can offer you a $35.00 Sideshow Collectibles credit that can be used on a future purchase or existing preorder. If you would like to place a new order with this credit, contact us with the item number and we will book a new order for you.

Please know, if you accept the above option, your case will be closed. If this option is not satisfactory, you may decide to return your damaged item for a full refund.

Please confirm how you would like to proceed by 7/24/14, else the above options will expire. If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact me and I shall do my best to assist you.

I think this thread would be more efficient in the ALIEN AND ROBOT FORUM no?

Last edited:
I think its fine in here. Not everyone will visit the A&R section. General section is also a good place to make the issue known.

Just checked mine, again.
Really hard to make out the cracks in the dome, but the ones in the left leg sleeve are REALLY recognizable.
Will post in a few I guess...

I checked mine over carefully last night, and no problems yet, but I'll keep looking at regular intervals. With SDCC coming up, we should ask about this from multiple angles...

Jesus H. Christ the rubber is deteriorating on the new ED-209?!?!?!?!?!? WTF?!?!? They didn't learn after the first one? That settles it then I'm NOT buying this one! :mad:

I can't understand why they didn't just use a hard plastic resin for the dome. :slap

Nor can anyone. Mystifying decision on their part. Did all those emails about the first release go straight in their junk mail folder? We joked about it but now I seriously wonder is that what happens. Because they clearly ignored the **** out of all fan recommendations for this release.

Jesus H. Christ the rubber is deteriorating on the new ED-209?!?!?!?!?!? WTF?!?!? They didn't learn after the first one?
Pretty much my thoughts on it. Wow. They've had so many rubber problems in general, but specifically with the first ED-209! They should have either done simple plastic, or plastic with a cloth mesh cover IMO.

Those and prolly those about asking what the new material is, just because...there wasn´t new material and also no intention to change anything.
They just run with it.
They´re pretty persevering, thinking we will live with it one way or the other and that´s what they´re waiting for...

Wow!! :slap

Why is this happening so SOON on this NEW release - let alone at all!?!?

I think the global fondness for HT, is only matched by their monumental **** ups with QC on occasion.

I feel for the folks who spent an arm & a leg on this one.. :(

Wow!! :slap

Why is this happening so SOON on this NEW release - let alone at all!?!?

I think the global fondness for HT, is only matched by their monumental **** ups with QC on occasion.

I feel for the folks who spent an arm & a leg on this one.. :(

Hot Toys really needs to get over the "rubber" option and find something new to use. I've heard someone say that Silicone doesn't have issues like rubber does.

Holypeterweller ! I had been ignoring all the discussion thinking it was about the original release. Hot Toys actually went and did it again !?!

Who do they think they are?! Enterbay?!

Ok it's official. I have done what Rorywan and others have recommended, I used a magnifying glass and yep, I see cracks developing all along the front. I am CERTAIN that everyone has this issue. Regardless of the cause this is wrong and completely irresponsible of Hot Toys. They must amend this travesty. I am going to find a lawyer who will class action lawsuit this ********. It's very frustrating the consistant ******** that Hot Toys does to their customer base. I cant believe it is only a select few. What are the buyers in Asia saying, anybody know?

A fella talked to timcent and he says the problems are there too and native buyers are fairly pissed too.
But...as we all know...they can´t make their voice heard like us.
No facebook...don´t even know if they can use a proxy for that.
So...dunno how they´´re doing it...

Back