Sideshow 1/6 C-3PO

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

King Kobra

Super Freak
Reaction score
Just announced

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    153.7 KB · Views: 4,104
Re: Sideshow Collectibles C3PO 1/6 Scale Action Figure

this is the droid I was looking for! :yess:

WOW! Finally.... so stoked about this. AND it's going to be previewed at SDCC for attendees. So we'll actually see it.

I really hope they try to get this one preordered and released within a few months of R2's release. Can't wait to have both and finish my STAR WARS (not New Hope) display.

We already have a near perfect version from Tamashi, I would much rather see something new like GI Joe.

man, i realy didn't see this coming at all. i figured since they co-developed the previous version with tamashii, they would never do their own! wow. the tamashii version is outstanding, so this one will face an uphill battle.

This is going to be diecast?

We already have a near perfect version from Tamashi, I would much rather see something new like GI Joe.

Not everyone wants the Tamashii nor its ridiculous price. And GI Joe sucks. ;)

man, i realy didn't see this coming at all. i figured since they co-developed the previous version with tamashii, they would never do their own! wow. the tamashii version is outstanding, so this one will face an uphill battle.

Sideshow all but directly confirmed they were doing a 3PO when R2 was announced. They just didn't give a date and the only indication of rough time frame was from Alex who claimed it would be after SDCC, but not AT SDCC.

This is going to be diecast?

It's going to be "plastic alloy" - that's an inside joke for people coming over from a certain other thread.

EDIT (almost 2 weeks since this was posted). Here's a shot from SDCC, hopefully the first post can be edited to contain images as well so people don't have to hunt when coming here for the first time.

From RebelScum.com: https://www.rebelscum.com/2014-SDCC/SDCC-2014-Sideshow-Collectibles-Star-Wars-1/default.asp

SDCC-2014-Sideshow-Collectibles-Star-Wars-1-028.jpg

Last edited:

Yeah, the $190 shipped HLJ was selling them for is way too much...:slap
If SSC beats that price and approaches the quality, I'll gladly eat my hat.

I doubt it will beat the Tamashii version especially since that one was made out of metal... I'm sure the SS version will be plastic... so it should cut the price in 1/2 if not more and be able to reach a bigger target audience..

Last edited:

Yeah, the $190 shipped HLJ was selling them for is way too much...:slap

Sure, and the three people that picked him up were lucky to get him.

You know that "Perfect" is a marketing term for Tama and has nothing to do with the quality nor design of the figure itself right? You're probably going to want some sauce with that hat, as I expect the SSC to blow the Tama out of the water in terms of likeness. Material feel/weight will be a different matter entirely. Incidentally, there's already a thread for the Tama, we should keep discussions about that figure there. And GI Joe, well, let's just keep that off the board entirely. ;)

Back