Statue showcasecomicsandstatues Ebay Seller

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

V8_Club

Super Freak
Reaction score
Has anyone dealt with the above seller? They have posted some statues at a considerable discount albeit pre-orders. Something doesn't look right...

apahydyg.jpg

I agree it almost seems to good to be true. I even spent almost a half hour going through their feedback looking for instances of pre orders that had made it through to delivery. Found a couple but nothing to make me feel 100% safe.

I did make a purchase with them though. With a 20$ eBay coupon ended up with the HT Silver Centurion for 189$ shipped. So, if I remember correctly they had it on sale at 199$ with 10$ shipping. I took the plunge because it was so close to release. Even after delivery (fingers crossed) I do not think I will do a pre order on eBay again. There really is no 100% guarantee after so many days of purchase.

pass on it bro. doesn't matter if it is legit or not, not worth the stress. i'm a huge believer on never preordering anything on ebay. risks are just too high

Anyone know if you still get reward points for wholesale purchases from Sideshow? I'm not sure what plan they could be following or how they could profit off all these sale prices but they seem to be a reputable business.

Yeah I agree. I only Pre-ordered once on Ebay because the item was sold out everywhere else. Seller had delays and I requested a refund. After filing a case I finally got my money back. I was lucky.

As for this seller , I posted it so fellow freaks can be aware just in case. And in case it was a legit outfit I would like to remind buyers that eBay doesn't protect you after the 30 day period expires. Pre-order or not.

In their feedback I did see a few instances of people getting 2nd thoughts and they did refund money with no problems from what feedback stated. If I can find this thread by then. I will post update about the HT Silver Centurion. After a couple messages these do seem like some genuine people so would be nice to leave some good feedback. Anyway, like someone above said though, because of the stress I will probably not order on eBay again for something not in stock.

There's no way a retailer is going to offer the Exclusive Edition below MSRP. I mean, come on now, 20% off MSRP, minus the 10% eBay fee, and the 3% PayPal fee. They'll end up losing nearly $200 on the sale. Best case scenario is that they're going to send you a refund 6 months from now saying "Sorry, we can't fill your order"

Has anyone dealt with the above seller? They have posted some statues at a considerable discount albeit pre-orders. Something doesn't look right...

apahydyg.jpg

There is no way that can be legit unless they're hijacking a SSC truck. Even Authorized Dealers don't a get a discount on SSC Exclusives and on Regulars SSC makes retailers sign a contract that they won't offer more than 15% off Sideshow items and if they catch you doing it they can yank your Retailer account.

Anyone know if you still get reward points for wholesale purchases from Sideshow? I'm not sure what plan they could be following or how they could profit off all these sale prices but they seem to be a reputable business.

No, SSC only gives out reward points on direct orders, but some retailers offer their own version of reward points for regular buyers.

it's a scam stay away..you will be sweet talked by seller to get your money... but when the time to open dispute expires you can kiss all your money bye bye..

"Is something that makes no sense and I know can't possibly be true, actually legit?"

Answer:
Wait for

Wait for it

NO

I've pre-ordered on eBay before but no money changed hands until the item was ready to ship.

Paying for something a month, or more, before the seller will send it is a complete :nono

This very much looks to be a scam. eBay's pre-order policy states that an item cannot be listed for sale unless it will ship within 30 days of the list date. Another eBay policy states that buyers cannot open a case against a seller after 45 days after the sale. What it looks like he is doing, is offering relatively beleivable mark down on popular items, charging the full amount upfront, and waiting out the 45 days. Unless the buyer used a credit card, they won't have any protection against this. I have a very strong feeling this guy is scamming hundreds of people out of a lot of money, so I going to report him to eBay. I suggest the lot of you do the same, and avoid buying from him at all costs.

This very much looks to be a scam. eBay's pre-order policy states that an item cannot be listed for sale unless it will ship within 30 days of the list date. Another eBay policy states that buyers cannot open a case against a seller after 45 days after the sale. What it looks like he is doing, is offering relatively beleivable mark down on popular items, charging the full amount upfront, and waiting out the 45 days. Unless the buyer used a credit card, they won't have any protection against this. I have a very strong feeling this guy is scamming hundreds of people out of a lot of money, so I going to report him to eBay. I suggest the lot of you do the same, and avoid buying from him at all costs.

But he isn't offering believable markdowns on Lobo ....his phony discount makes no sense at all :D

Wow, I didn't look through his listing til' last night. The only reason the HT Centurion seemed legit in the first place to me was he didn't have everything under the sun coming out through sideshow listed. Now he does and I am a bit nervous. I hope for this person they are a legit business and do intend to follow through or have some good reason for what they are doing...but I have asked for a refund on the Centurion. I would rather pay 50$ more through SSC and not worry about this stuff. It is clearly stated in their return policy they will refund at anytime during the pre order phase but I am worried. I will post update.

Wow, I didn't look through his listing til' last night. The only reason the HT Centurion seemed legit in the first place to me was he didn't have everything under the sun coming out through sideshow listed. Now he does and I am a bit nervous. I hope for this person they are a legit business and do intend to follow through or have some good reason for what they are doing...but I have asked for a refund on the Centurion. I would rather pay 50$ more through SSC and not worry about this stuff. It is clearly stated in their return policy they will refund at anytime during the pre order phase but I am worried. I will post update.
if they stall open a PayPal dislute a.s.a.p.

I still have 20 days to open a dispute thankfully. I'll only be waiting a few days before opening one though.

Back