1/6 101st AIRBORNE DIVISION RYAN 70th NORMANDY ANNIVERSARY EDITION (Saving Private Ryan)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think this will be a purchase. The M42's look good so I'll pick up a loose set for sure. I think the last paratrooper figure DID was Major Richard from Band of Brothers. The netting on this figure looks a helluva lot better on this one, and hopefully the damn helmet will be a better fit too. I think the likeness is good but someone pointed out that it looks a lot like Todd Alquist from Breaking Bad and now I can't stop thinking about it every time I see it. :lol It does look like him.

Last edited:
I picked up DiD's 'Captain Millers', but I don't need this one. The kit looks great as a straight military figure but the likeness isn't quite there for me as a SPR portrait. I'm kinda bummed I didn't pull the trigger on Major Winters... it was the vacant stare that put me off, but I'm missing a Band of Brothers rep on my shelf.

This is a good looking figure and DID has really stepped it up in the last few years. Only thing that bothers me is the clean look. I think this figure would look so much better if it had a "field wear" look.

Completely agree.

I already bought 5 of the amazing soldier story 82nd airborne troopers and swapped different heads to them, mix matched weapons and added helmet markets and 101st patches and made my own WW2 squad.

The figure looks great for DID, like the quality in the Garand and I would def buy if I didn't already have the most amazing WW2 squad possible. Soldier Story quality is insanely amazing. Match that with some of the weapons from Ti Lite, real wood and metal, ie: german Mauser with scope (US soldiers were known to use this sniper rifle from fallen soldiers since it was such a great rifle!) As well as their M1 Garand and bayonet, also ACI's real wood and metal BAR Gun, viola, whole squad!

I picked up DiD's 'Captain Millers', but I don't need this one. The kit looks great as a straight military figure but the likeness isn't quite there for me as a SPR portrait. I'm kinda bummed I didn't pull the trigger on Major Winters... it was the vacant stare that put me off, but I'm missing a Band of Brothers rep on my shelf.

DID Captain Miller is going for some serious dough nowadays. He's out of my range. Hopefully someone else does him one day. As far as the factory paint on Major Winters goes I agree with you. The factory paint missed the mark and gave him this dead eye stare, but I think the proto is brilliant. It's still a very good likeness though. Major Winters is going for some serious cash too.

I'll be picking this up but mainly because I need some grunts on my shelf, not necessarily as a SPR figure. Plus, I want to build up some Airborne ranks. But I think the likeness is good, could be better, but good.

Definitely reminds me of that dude from Breaking Bad though. :lol

Is this true to the movie? "Private ryan" was an airborne? I don't remember. I know it was rangers sent for him...

Looks like a great WW2 figure. Hopefully it's reasonably affordable.

DID Captain Miller is going for some serious dough nowadays. He's out of my range. Hopefully someone else does him one day. As far as the factory paint on Major Winters goes I agree with you. The factory paint missed the mark and gave him this dead eye stare, but I think the proto is brilliant. It's still a very good likeness though. Major Winters is going for some serious cash too.

I'll be picking this up but mainly because I need some grunts on my shelf, not necessarily as a SPR figure. Plus, I want to build up some Airborne ranks. But I think the likeness is good, could be better, but good.

Definitely reminds me of that dude from Breaking Bad though. :lol

I'm happy not to know what 'Millers' is going for nowadays... It's a keeper, but somehow it'd just make that small dent I put in the helmet look that much bigger :lol

The figure is crying out for a revisit though. The only figure I can think of that DiD has done a variant of is Hitler, but surely they've done others?

the portrait is close enough. could even work out for BrBa's meth damon too. :lol

I'm happy not to know what 'Millers' is going for nowadays... It's a keeper, but somehow it'd just make that small dent I put in the helmet look that much bigger :lol

The figure is crying out for a revisit though. The only figure I can think of that DiD has done a variant of is Hitler, but surely they've done others?
T. Becker sd officer(prison break's t-bag look alike) had a 2 versions. v1 was smirking v2 was serious look.

T. Becker sd officer(prison break's t-bag look alike) had a 2 versions. v1 was smirking v2 was serious look.

The precedents are stacking up. It's a pity DiD haven't learned the fine art of milking cash cows.

^ lol I'd like to see them re-release Major Konig and Vasily.

Anyway, the price on this is a bit curious to me. Depending where you buy he's $130-$140. That slightly more than Michael Whittman that comes with two full outfits. Major Archbach is $140 at Timewalker Toys and he comes with a slew or items. A table and chair, clipboard and pen, tea pot and cup and that friggin awesome radio communications set with Mic and headset. Not to mention the figure looks top notch.

It's ok but overall, not great. The uniform is too clean, the helmet doesn't look right and the bayonet should not have a completely shiny blade. Musette bag is also not wide enough front to back.

They just announced a weathered version the other day. They do that sometimes, they did with with the French soldier (Jean Reno likeness) and the recent WWI Infantryman,

This looks very very cool. I have seen other WW2 figures and would love to start collecting them. Maybe this can be my starting point.

Back