Death Note Netflix Series

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snake Plissken

40s "men" still cry about being bullied here
Reaction score
Last edited:
Re: Death Note American Remake

Good ? No way they will do something different with it forget everything you know about the anime.

The summary of the leaked original script sounded awful...

what was it? what was different?

"The script portrays protagonist Light Yagami as a Luke Murray, a Caucasian college student with incredible intellect. He is motivated to use the Death Note to rid the world of crime because of his mother’s death at the hands of a burglar.

Many significant characters in the manga are absent in this script, including Misa and Ryuk . However, Luke is implied to have received his notebook from a supernatural being, possibly a shinigami .

Unlike Light, Luke stops midway though his crusade, relinquishes ownership of the notebook, and returns to an ordinary life. "

Removing Shinigami, and making him turn away from the Death Note begs the question... why even bother?

Yeah "The Last Name" fell short with me, instead of trying to pull a new set of plot lines out of their asses they should of just went shot for shot with the Manga.

is this the one where a chick with an eye disorder crawls out of the tv?

:monkey3

If the original material is good, why does Hollywood have to change it? How often does changing it work out anyway? I get having to fill in or expand some scenes but it kills me when the story deviates to the point that it has nothing to do with the original. Save that crap for the straight-to-DVD sequel.

is this the one where a chick with an eye disorder crawls out of the tv?

:monkey3

you uncultured swine clak.gif

one can hope it will go the way of the dodo...i mean akira. hollywood akira.

*from that failed attempt at akira we got chronicle...akira-ish, yes?

:lol

the Japanese live action movie they made of Death Note was good enough. Excellent I would say.

They even got the voice actors that worked on the anime to do the voices for the movie. Everyone sounds like their anime versions. You really cannot ask for better than that.

I'm expecting a complete train wreck. The idea that this is set in the west just makes me cringe. Mainly because the names will be Americanized. So instead of Light, he'll be Larry.

Netflix's Live-Action Death Note Film Reveals More Characters, Cast, 2017 Premiere

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/ne...ls-more-characters-cast-2017-premiere/.103820

When I picture L...

ysyMIzm.jpg

I think a Black guy...

fWO6WAt.jpg

More PC bull **** from Hollywood. I don't even like the idea of Light being White either. I knew this was going to be **** burger as soon as it was announced, and the Japanese versions aren't anything Oscar worthy, but at least fairly true to the Manga.

Last edited:

Netflix's Live-Action Death Note Film Reveals More Characters, Cast, 2017 Premiere

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/ne...ls-more-characters-cast-2017-premiere/.103820

When I picture L...

ysyMIzm.jpg

I think a Black guy...

fWO6WAt.jpg

More PC bull **** from Hollywood. I don't even like the idea of Light being White either. I knew this was going to be **** burger as soon as it was announced, and the Japanese versions aren't anything Oscar worthy, but at least fairly true to the Manga.

How is it PC when Light is a white guy and L is a black guy but the original characters are Japanese? If anything it's americanized, hence the name change to Light Turner instead of Light Yagami. Don't know how the Shinigami is going to be worked into American culture though.

When I picture L...

ysyMIzm.jpg

I think a Black guy...

fWO6WAt.jpg

just as long as they give him the same hair...
hXVqbxJ.png

Back