"Joy Ride 3: Roadkill" custom RUSTY NAIL (Ken Kirzinger)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BusinessDog

Freaked Out
Reaction score
Hey guys!
Here is my latest custom/kitbash, yet another Horror movie character: Rusty Nail.
I had previously made this character a few months back, based off the 2008 "Joy Ride 2: Dead Ahead" Rusty Nail. This is the Rusty Nail based off the newly released Joy Ride 3, where he is portrayed by yet another actor (again!) and has a different look to him.

R7m2f39.png

I decided to go with this character because I already had most of the parts/clothing lying around. All I needed was the headsculpt, shoes and a white under shirt. Pretty simple again, but that's how I like them :)
Plus I think my shelf needs some more color- there are a lot of khaki's and browns up there already!

Z21ASIz.png

6GT3Xyj.png

Credit for our angry, truck rampaging friend's head sculpt goes to Peter the Painter for taking on this character for me again and recreating a brilliant likeness to the actor right down to the angry expression!

The biggest challenge was probably getting his body shape right. He's somewhat of a big guy (understatement!) at 6 ft 5 so two thin layers of clothing (shirt and t-shirt) wasn't nearly enough to bulk out my ACI 'Christian' body.
So I used strips of fabric cut off an old jacket and wrapped it around his waist, biceps, thighs, cut out a little vest to go underneath the clothing and some makeshift shoulder pads to puff him up much more!

Hope you all like :)
Thanks for looking!

YYPh0ZF.jpg

BH3JDDz.jpg

hkwePV5.jpg

cLTbDBE.jpg

kAHzJ4y.jpg

Never seen the film pal but looks very nice, great quality! ...and great images.

I thought the 1st film was good. I also didn't know about the sequels. Your figure looks great. Even though I've never seen the movie, the details in it are well done.

Thanks dudes :)

Awesome figure. Is the 3rd film any good?

The 1st was the best, the 2nd was pretty decent which started to introduce the elements of horror (probably my favorite), and the 3rd...well it's 'ok' at best. It managed to turn an interesting character into a generic slasher killer who kills for the hell of it. Still worth a watch.

Back