The CEO (Morgan Freeman) sixth scale figure review

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Michael Crawford

Super Freak
Reaction score
I'm checking out something a little different tonight, but not really. It's a new sixth scale figure from Ace Toyz called "the CEO". What is it really? Morgan Freeman in a suit. It's a very good Morgan Freeman - very good - in an okay suit. I put it in the DC section since a lot of folks will want to use this for a Lucious Fox kitbash, but it's clearly not Lucious Fox right out of the box. You can find my review and thoughts here:

https://www.mwctoys.com/REVIEW_070914a.htm

or with the rest of the reviews at the usual:

https://www.mwctoys.com

Thanks for reading!

Michael
MWC

Last edited:
Good point about the bow tie making it Lucius Fox. However HT doesn't like this figure and that's why there's no open thread about it.

And I found the pocket square on the floor later. Must have been with the scarf. I thought it was just a remnant from the scarf until you mentioned a pocket square.

Hmm, I'll search around in the box and see.

Not sure why anyone would pay attention to Hot Toys on this - they can not like it all they want, but since it's not from the Batman films, they haven't got much to say. It's Morgan Freeman in a suit, and they don't have the market tied up on that one. Now if Morgan wants to complain, he has plenty of right...

I PO'ed this when it first went up.
I got it a few days ago and it's pretty sweet!
The sculpt is amazing.
I made a thread about it when it was called "Black CEO"
It's locked now.
Because Hot Toys doesn't like it we can't talk about it?

Not sure why anyone would pay attention to Hot Toys on this - they can not like it all they want, but since it's not from the Batman films, they haven't got much to say. It's Morgan Freeman in a suit, and they don't have the market tied up on that one. Now if Morgan wants to complain, he has plenty of right...

Exactly. If they don't like it, theres one thing they can do: Use their DK license and make a figure of Fox. If not, move on.

Anyways, great review as always. I may seriously grab him and try to bash together a more screen accurate suit and tie.

Well, I get Hot Toys complaint. No business wants someone to infringe on a license they paid good money for. And if this was a Lucious Fox - if he had a screen accurate outfit - I'd fully understand. But it's not, and there's nothing here from the neck down that isn't pretty generic and easy to pick up from any sixth scale supplier. What you're buying is an accurate Morgan Freeman, it's up to the buyer whether he ends up driving Miss Daisy, playing God, or running Wayne Enterprises.

I'd put him next to my South park figures so he could be around to explain things.

HT needs to either use their licenses or get off the pot.

i've got this coming tomorrow, aren't the trousers and jacket (not the shirt and tie and other bits) from one of TDKR though? Or look just like it with a bigger scale plaid pattern

Last edited:
I'm still waiting for mine to arrive. Haven't seen many people talking about it and starting to worry if I'll ever get mine in hand. It's been a month and apart from the HT armory, this figure is where I call it quits on the Nolan universe. After the BR Joker being released as a Toy fair exclusive HT has really kinda lost the plot as far as I'm concerned. The head sculpt is the is what sold it for me, I'm not waiting another two years before HT decides to make the characters we really want.

I ordered this one. Sorry HT, but I have been around for awhile in the 1/6 scale hobby and I remember when HT would do the same thing. They released a figure years ago called "The Director", etc. There are enough Batman fans out there that would gladly buy a HT's Fox, Gordon with bat signal, etc. We get tired of waiting on HT's to finish their million Iron Man figures. The Batman Returns thread has just become ridiculous. It's like they are waiting for the Messiah to return over in that thread. They have been waiting a long time. If HT's doesn't like releases like this, then they need to get serious and release their own. Otherwise, collectors are going to turn to other resources to complete the collection.

Of course people will turn to other places to finish off their collection.
If Hot Toys or even Sideshow won't make a figure in a line I'm sure there'll be a cheaper knock off else where.
Look at the bootleg Pepper Potts. There are 2 of them and people are buying them for their HT IRON MAN line.
I'm still holding onto hope that HT will actually make her.
Just because there are some cheaper versions I can't see why HT is losing it.
Either make the figures fans want or get out of the way and let other companies take a chance!

I may have to get one of these. Looks pretty spiffy. Hands look like cheap plastic mitts though.

I got mine today and the hands are terrible. Everything else is average and the head great bar some what seems like strange pinkish dry brushing on his afro

Definitely worth the price. The body isn't all that bad either for an unlicensed figure

For the hands, do people think the MJ Thriller hands would suffice for skin tone?

Last edited:
I think the coat is lame, didn't try the scarf and the hat sucks, but Morgan Freeman in a suit with a cane looks pretty good

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back