Five Season 8 Doctor Who scripts leaked online

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Let me see if I understand you. You actually WANT to know what happens before it happens? Completely ruining any possibility of surprise, and the subsequent feelings of delight, shock, joy, sadness, and whatever other emotional effects might ensue? Do you read the last chapter of a book first as well? :lol

Here you go:

Wibbly wobbly timey-wimey, Och me kidneys, everybody lives, Deus Ex Machina, whilst Murray Gold pours musical syrup over so you can't hear the dialog.

Is there anything I've missed?

Let me see if I understand you. You actually WANT to know what happens before it happens? Completely ruining any possibility of surprise, and the subsequent feelings of delight, shock, joy, sadness, and whatever other emotional effects might ensue? Do you read the last chapter of a book first as well? :lol

Gotta admit, I feel the same, with a side dish of 'why is this in the action figure forum'? :p

Never will understand why anyone would set out to spoil themselves of future experiences on a property they care about. Especially when the show will be back in a little over a month anyway. But just so long as people don't start carelessly blabbing what they read, and spoil my own (and others) chances of seeing the episodes in the way they are meant to be seen, I guess it's a case of to each their own and all that. :)

PS: No, can't help. Sorry.

Eh. I love Doctor Who and am usually not caring about spoilers but I'm going to avoid these. I enjoy it so much that I'll just wait a month and enjoy it in real time.

I'm not sure I fully understand the argument that reading a script ruins all surprises and enjoyment of the story. You still get all that through the magic of words. If anything, removing the actors, music, and effects can help you pay sole attention to the craftsmanship of the story.

Gotta say, I scanned the first script and there's some great stuff coming. :D ... surprising stuff :naughty

I read the Harry Potter books before the movies came out. I am currently reading the Game of Thrones. I also read The Walking Dead comics. Pretty much the same thing, innit?

I can see the appeal of reading the scripts and seeing how the mind plays it out before the screen does. Nothing wrong with that.

And if anyone has them, PM me. :monkey1

It's a different story (sometimes literally, in the case of TWD) when you're taking about an interpretation of a book or a graphic novel. All of those titles you mentioned were created specifically for a written format.

But, since you brought it up, I've said over and over to so many people: "I wish that I'd never read Song Of Ice and Fire." All of you lucky bastards out there who got to experience The Red Wedding, or the Mountain's fight with The Red Viper of Dorne without knowing the outcome don't know how lucky you are. Watching the reactions of people who didn't see it coming is priceless, and I'm really very, very envious.

So please, Entropy. Good for you that you got to read the script. But please don't so much as drop another hint. I can't un-see your :naughty. I don't know if it was a legitimate tease, or if you were just messing around. But if it really does hint at any kind of a plot point, I won't thank you for it. So please keep it to yourself.

Are you seriously taking umbrage with his smiley that there is something "surprising" that is going to happen in series 8? :lol

Thank God I actually read the scripts to Star Wars Episode I and Kingdom of the Crystal Skull BEFORE I actually saw the films otherwise I might have died of coronary shock not being prepared for the disappointment that was to come!

But, since you brought it up, I've said over and over to so many people: "I wish that I'd never read Song Of Ice and Fire." All of you lucky bastards out there who got to experience The Red Wedding, or the Mountain's fight with The Red Viper of Dorne without knowing the outcome don't know how lucky you are. Watching the reactions of people who didn't see it coming is priceless, and I'm really very, very envious.

So please, Entropy. Good for you that you got to read the script. But please don't so much as drop another hint. I can't un-see your :naughty. I don't know if it was a legitimate tease, or if you were just messing around. But if it really does hint at any kind of a plot point, I won't thank you for it. So please keep it to yourself.

Wait, didn't you get to experience The Red Wedding and Mountain vs Viper fight yourself unspoilt when you first read the novels? Or did someone explain those scenes and spoil them for you before you read the books? If the former, you certainly got to experience the full richness of those scenes, all be in it in the original word only form rather than HBO, but if the latter, I'm really sorry that jerk spoiled those bits, I'd never tell you the War Doctor returns in episode 2 of the new season of DW for example. :naughty

Jk, I haven't read anything from ep 2 or anything like that. Just making it up out of whole cloth, keeping you on your toes. :p

I read some of them and it didn't ruin anything for me, on the contrary, it finally got me excited for the new series. I really liked what I read and can't wait to see it. Also I'm glad that all fears I had regarding the personality of the Doctor and the direction of the show after some of Moffat's comments a while ago were unjustified apparently. :)

Me too. I read through them all last night. If they play out on the screen like they played out in my mind :)lol) Capaldi may turn out to be my 3rd favorite Doctor below Tom and McGann. Episode 4 was especially my favorite among the leaks. I am very excited about this new series. :yess:

Back