Sideshow contest winners U.S citizens only?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Agoniste

Super Freak
Reaction score
I have been subscribing for all contests sideshowtoy.com has been doing for a few months and I'm just surprised that it is often, if not always U.S citizens who seem to win. Is it truly being chosen randomly and it is a coincidence or is there something fishy going on?:dunno

I won a figure once. I live in Denmark.

/close thread

:p

PS. Keep in mind that maybe 80% of the participants are American. So it's not a surprise that the winners are often US citizens.

/close thread

PS. Keep in mind that maybe 80% of the participants are American. So it's not a surprise that the winners are often US citizens.

Pretty much this.

I also remember someone in the EU winning a contest and then having to pay a large amount of shipping (double the normal rate), then having to pay import taxes on the full priced item plus shipping. If I remember correctly, he got the item for about half price in the end.
So only enter contests for item you actually want.

Pretty much this.

I also remember someone in the EU winning a contest and then having to pay a large amount of shipping (double the normal rate), then having to pay import taxes on the full priced item plus shipping. If I remember correctly, he got the item for about half price in the end.
So only enter contests for item you actually want.

:exactly::goodpost:

I have been subscribing for all contests sideshowtoy.com has been doing for a few months and I'm just surprised that it is often, if not always U.S citizens who seem to win. Is it truly being chosen randomly and it is a coincidence or is there something fishy going on?:dunno

/close thread

OP fail.

Sideshow is picking up the shipping tab on Han. Anyone outside the US that wins (hoping it's yours truly! :p) would only be responsible for duties/taxes. :)

I won the mother's day contest last May. I got my Wolverine figure a week ago and I am Canadian.

I paid $43.20 in customs for the figure but I ain't complaining lol.

*Edit* we should have a thread for Freaks who have won stuff over the years. It would be interesting to see how lucky the Freaks truly are.

I won a 1/6 HT Stealth Cap during Spook on a Pinterest contest and I'm in Australia. Never won one on the website contests though

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back