Hellboy 3 - We want it!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fan

1/6 addicted
CF Supporter
Reaction score
Update: 08-10-2015

11824998_753610268117613_6549146609952365320_n.png

https://www.facebook.com/hellboymovie

https://www.facebook.com/perlmutations

Recent rumours say that Hellboy 3 could happen if Pacific Rim 2 becomes a success.

If you'd also love to see HB3 beeing made, please post a comment, raise your voice!! :yess:

Actually this interview makes me hope again, though it's of course not saying "Yes, it will be happening." (which would be cool) it's at least more than the previous things Hellboy fans got to read about the chances for an epic final sequel.

Watch it til the end: "I'm never gonna stop trying to get Hellboy 3 made!"

Last edited:
Re: Hellboy 3 - Let's fight for it!

I don't know why they don't just try the Kickstarter thing like Veronica Mars. I'd gladly contribute if it meant seeing the film.

I think honestly with GDT's partnership with Legendary now giving rise to both Pacific Rim (and its forthcoming sequel) and Crimson Peak, Hellboy 3 will eventually happen. But ain't nobody here getting any younger either.

I don't know why they don't just try the Kickstarter thing like Veronica Mars. I'd gladly contribute if it meant seeing the film.
Definitely! I remember that interview with Del Toro when the moderator mentioned Kickstarter, I'm sure it would be a success but I could imagine the studio wouldn't want as it might wouldn't suit into there business concept or something. Imo that would be an outdated and point of view nowadays but I still think it could be a reason.

Honestly I would be willing to spend something in the range of at least $100 to contribute to make this happen. :rock

I think honestly with GDT's partnership with Legendary now giving rise to both Pacific Rim (and its forthcoming sequel) and Crimson Peak, Hellboy 3 will eventually happen. But ain't nobody here getting any younger either.

For good we're not. :hi5: I mean I would wanna watch this even if I was 80 or something already. :) Hope you're right and this will lead to the point where they decide to finally make it. Happy to see that Del Toro still likes to work with Perlman, like in Pacific Rim for example.

Also watch this if you like, it's getting interesting at the end and pretty funny on from 1:30 btw: :lol

Last edited:
Re: Hellboy 3 - Let's fight for it!!

hey, i already signed that petition that was going on 3 years ago.

I got y friends to sign it, I think i even posted it here in fact.

Guillermo saw all the signatures, unless they do a kickstar i dont see what else can be done

And if Ron doesn't want to do the make up I always wondered if they could get another actor to be Hellboy but Ron would do the voice on top, They did that for the first movie with
Abe, so they could do that with the third one,

I rather have Ron be confortable and not have to deal with make up and stunts, he could just record the dialogue and they would voice over the new actor. The make up would probably look the same as well.

Guillermo Del Toro is not only my favorite director but he is one of my favorite people in the world.
I love everything he does, he has such an amazing mind for creating all of these things. One of my heroes today. He really doesn't get the credit he deserves on the media.
People might say his movies are not that good sometimes, but just the attention to detail and the level of work he does is completely amazing.

I really wish Hellboy 3 was made, but It would take a miracle for it to be made

I dont really wanna see another HELLBOY.
However beautifully designed the movies where they are probably the worst that could happen to the characters.
Especially to Hellboy himself.
Del Toro said he was like the ultimate fan of Hellboy, but you gotta wonder what Hellboy did he read?
Hellboy was never an immature, teenage, cat loving, puppy lover nor fell in love with a collegue or quits the BPRD to go raise his children.
Basically in order to satisfy his inner fanboy to see a cool character on screen Del Toro just did whatever the studio needed to greenlight it project.
Not only Del Toro betrayed the spirit of the characters, but could not even try to emulate Mignola style on screen.
He just lighted everything flat, no work on the shadows and such wich would have been awesome.
Hire some great DP like Deakins and make not only a visual hommage to Mignola but to the genre itself.
Now they are entertaining movies but definitly not the Hellboy i grew up with.
A director must make a character its own ok but whats the point of going so far from the original material you might as well save some money create a new character.
Looks like Mignola had enough since he's also one of the reasons why there will be no Hellboy 3.

Last edited:

well, why don't you tell us how you really feel? :lol

Meaning?
One thing that surprises me is that many directors gets destroyed as soon as they change a tiny thing from the original material but with Hellboy its ok.
Yep the movies look cool and they have great themes but the main character has been completely betrayed.
Am i wrong?
It really hit me in the face when i read all over again the tpb recently :)

Veronica Mars was a low budget detective story. Hellboy 3 wouldn't be that, and I don't think it's realistic to expect that a Kickstarter project would potentially fund it. But, I would love to see this movie happen. I think the Hellboy movies are excellent.

Didn't care for the first one with the monotonous fights with those demon dog things.

Thought the second was decent.

Would see a third though I think Perlman has to be a bit old for the character.

I dont really wanna see another HELLBOY.
However beautifully designed the movies where they are probably the worst that could happen to the characters.
Especially to Hellboy himself.
Del Toro said he was like the ultimate fan of Hellboy, but you gotta wonder what Hellboy did he read?
Hellboy was never an immature, teenage, cat loving, puppy lover nor fell in love with a collegue or quits the BPRD to go raise his children.
Basically in order to satisfy his inner fanboy to see a cool character on screen Del Toro just did whatever the studio needed to greenlight it project.
Not only Del Toro betrayed the spirit of the characters, but could not even try to emulate Mignola style on screen.
He just lighted everything flat, no work on the shadows and such wich would have been awesome.
Hire some great DP like Deakins and make not only a visual hommage to Mignola but to the genre itself.
Now they are entertaining movies but definitly not the Hellboy i grew up with.
A director must make a character its own ok but whats the point of going so far from the original material you might as well save some money create a new character.
Looks like Mignola had enough since he's also one of the reasons why there will be no Hellboy 3.

They would have to shoot most of it digitally with heavy cgi like sin city to get the level of comic accuracy and shadows you seem to want.

Hellboy is already quite an obscure series so why alienate the general movie audience even more?

Sin City comic was an hommage to german expresionism and old film noir.
You dont need cgi to make a beautiful black and white movie with heavy contrast.
Its clearly a don't in my book.
Its exactly the same for Hellboy, an adaptation of the mignola style on screen is something close to Coppola's Dracula for exemple.
Comics = "must do it cgi" is for lazy directors.

If you really love a character, and Hellboy is a very badass likable character in the comic, you try to show everyone why he's so great. You don't betray, twist it to make sure that the average audience like it. **** the average audience.
Even if there is no sequel, who cares!!! At least make one that is worth it, that has the spririt of what you fell in love with.
:)

Last edited:

Meaning?
One thing that surprises me is that many directors gets destroyed as soon as they change a tiny thing from the original material but with Hellboy its ok.
Yep the movies look cool and they have great themes but the main character has been completely betrayed.
Am i wrong?
It really hit me in the face when i read all over again the tpb recently :)

Explain to me how Nolan was attacked for changing stuff with batman, Or how the Ninja turtles movies and cartoons are nothing at all like the original comics.

What you say is not true. Guillermo did an excellent job with Hellboy, If the creator of Hellboy was so upset about the first movie why did he agree to make a second? you really don't know what you are talking about.

Show me the link where the creator of Hellboy says he hates the movies, Show me.

I think if Mike Mignola had any issues with the movies, he woukd of said something seeing as he was involved in the films.

Guys please, this thread is made to "fight" for Hellboy 3 :), not against each other! :peace

It's okay if sombody doesn't like Del Toro's HB movies but that's not what this thread is about, please respect.

No fight, Im not antagonizing anyone unlike some :)

Explain to me how Nolan was attacked for changing stuff with batman, Or how the Ninja turtles movies and cartoons are nothing at all like the original comics.

What you say is not true. Guillermo did an excellent job with Hellboy, If the creator of Hellboy was so upset about the first movie why did he agree to make a second? you really don't know what you are talking about.

Show me the link where the creator of Hellboy says he hates the movies, Show me.

First, what i say is not true? GDT did excellent job?
So what YOU say is true then? Why because you loved the movies so its THE TRUTH that GDT did an excellent job?
THE TRUTH is that the hellboy from the comics has nothing to do with GDT version.
You can't deny that even if you're in love with the movies.

Now lets talk about BATMAN.
Batman has many version, as many as the authors who worked on it.
So to me its perfectly fine that Nolan or Burton or even Shumacher did what they wanted with the material.
HELLBOY is another kind of animal, he's always the same and Mignola is making sure of that whoever write or draw him.
There is only one version of Hellboy.
And in none of them he's in love and act like teen.
Fine by me if you liked GDT version of HELLBOY.
I dont, i love Mike Mignola's HELLBOY, the tragic hard boiled badass character.

Why Mignola agreed to do a second? Do i have to spell it out for you? M O N E Y!
You have to realize that Mignola before GDT was known as an artist's artist, average comic book readers did not really cared for him, he did not made a lot of money, even with Hellboy wich was motivated by the desire to have creator owned characters line lauched by DARK HORSE (wich lauched SIN CITY or Monkeyman and Obrien by Art Adams for exemple) he was not a household name, he was an artist who had all the ups and downs of the life of a comic book artist at that time.
And trust me when someone comes with a big paycheck you dont say no.
And i dont Blame him, especially when a director says he absolutely loves your universe and wants to put it on screen.

Recently i had a discussion with Cully Hamner about the adpatation of RED.
The movie is an action comedy, the comic was a hard boiled tragic ride.
He was like "hey man the comic exists, the movie is a different animal i dont care as both exists and money is in the bank".

Between this https://screenrant.com/guillermo-del-toro-hellboy-3-sandy-74395/ and this https://screenrant.com/hellboy-3-update-mike-mignola/ you can understand that Mignola is not as exited as he was before the first movie.
Now just have it you way and from these articles say that yes! the movies are awesome and Mignola loves them, that THE truth :)

Hellboy 3 wont happen that im sure of :)

Last edited:

Why Mignola agreed to do a second? Do i have to spell it out for you? M O N E Y!
And trust me when someone comes with a big paycheck you dont say no.
And i dont Blame him, especially when a director says he absolutely loves your universe and wants to put it on screen.

if this is the case then why wouldn't Hellboy 3 be made if they pay him off again????

Even reading the links you posted doesn't change the fact that If Universal wants to make it they will pay him off and he will shut up about it again. just like he did in the second one.

Is that simple.

Back