Hot Toys 2014 Toy Fairs Exclusives

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Liger King

Freakalicious
Reaction score
toys fairs.jpg

So, AvP Chopper Pred, Bank Robber Joker 2.0, Iron Man Mk.XX (Python). Not exactly inspired releases, yet sure to sell like hotcakes and make a mint. Sigh.

Wasnt it Cap and Superman last year? I dont think they have had a Batman exclusive for a while, since the Batman Begins one. I think the last IM and Pred were both 2012 with Shadow and I dont remember the Iron man one... they all look exactly the same with a different paint pattern.

Exact same line-up as 3 years ago. They figured they need Iron Man and Batman back, so units would fly off the shelves in an instant. Some of the Exclusives from 2012 and 2013 were slow sellers.

10475689_662879963786540_706328447698474730_n.jpg

Last year was Superman, Captain America, and GI Joe and those seemed to hang around for quite a while, so I'm sure they wanted to get back to their bread and butter this year.

I'm good with these. I mean I didn't expect them to reinvent the wheel with these releases. They are generally somewhat recycled to some degree because they've got to be turned around quickly for mass production. I'm all for a BR Joker 2.0 since I sold my original a while back. Great figure but I felt there was some room for improvement. My concerns with these are always around the QC. I mean look at the shoddy quality of the TF Batman from 2011 (loose ankles and shoddy rubber) and the horrendous Golden Age Captain America last year. (basically everything.)

Yep with last years 'exclusives' still being available at some places then I'm not surprised that HT has went with the usual suspects.

Looking forward to seeing both Predator and Joker figures.

This has always been a no brainer. Of course we all want different but they know all 3 will sell. I may pick up the Bank Robber Joker if it looks good. Iron Man and AVP Predator I'm not so sure.

Kinda surprised there's no black-suited Superman.

I understand the draw of Batman, Predator and Ironman. They're the big sellers -- though they've got to dry up sometime. Never cared about Ironman or Predator, and I think I'm pretty well done with Batman until the next set of movies. I'd've rather seen at least one eclectic choice in there. TF is a good time to release a limited edition of a lesser property, or a character that you expect to sell less. Lone Ranger, for instance. As much as the movie flopped ... releasing a Tonto by itself isn't a good idea. You'll sell more Tonto when you've released both.

SnakeDoc

Back