Concept art from my new superhero comic 'gods'

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChannelZero

Freaked Out
Reaction score
Forcefield projector station within first layer of mountain fortress interior. Like this one a lot, but it's going to mean I have to step up my game with the design of the mountain fortress exterior...

'Gods'-%2BShield%2BProjector%2BStation%2B-%2B05%2Bsmall%2BB%2B-%2BCopy.jpg

Concept sequential pages

02.jpg

'Gods'+-+02B+-+Copy.png

Thanks spekerol I get the Heavy Metal comparison from a lot from people, but I'm not really all that familiar with it, other than it's an anthology title... last I saw it years ago I thought it was very varied and didn't have one particular look... but it was all pretty rad :)

Medical droid 'Jeeg' whips across roiling battlefields either patching up the greviously wounded or putting them out of their misery, depending on the severity of their messed-upness (a technical term from, I believe, the BMA). The Hypocratic oath doesn't get much of a look-in when half the dying are likely to Turn (into)...

Gods+-+Jeeg+01+-+Copy.tif

...lifeless, soul-sucking Gaunts. You may know some of them.

Gods+-+Gaunt+03.tif

Gods+-+Gaunt+(close-up+-+final).jpg

Gods+-+Gaunt+02.tif

Gods+-+Gaunts+01.tif

Gods+-+Gaunt+01.tif

Master sergeant Vansonn 'Vance' Hillbrandt performs the blunt, heavy-duty frontline wetworks that could be termed as mass personnel demolition.

Discovering his own culpability in running security for the horrific false flag operations of his nation's political demagogues, Vance finds himself poised to take his own life, until his protege Kara Flynn evinces he has no business getting off that easy.

Gods+-+Vance+Hillbrandt+04.tif

Early sketches of Gods' protagonists' main junkbucket, the Starstriker

Gods+-+Starstriker+01b.png

Gods+-+Starstriker+04.jpg

Gods+-+Starstriker+02.jpg

Starstriker in flight - test 'comet tail' effect for dogfights etc

Gods+-+Starstriker+in+flight+01.jpg

Some more early vehicle concepts

Gods-+Ships+01.tif

Major Cade Cyger character concept (revised from the tan jacket number)

Cade+Cyger+01r.png

"Wait!! You'll wake the dale guardian!"

Some more sketches, apologies for the lined paper- these were done as sidebars to script notes, prior to figuring they maybe turned out interesting enough for display.

Cade's battleblade is enriched by sorcery, enabling it to be ‘sawmilled’ in the direction of incoming debris or enemy artillery, providing a defensive canopy of whizzing metal.

Gods+-+Cade+Cyger+-+Sawmill+01.tif

Odds n' ends

Gods+-+Odds+n'+Ends+01.jpg

Infirmary med vorg; Cade Cyger's Diamondback Interceptor; Light Council twin-engine Skyraider; Slayer Rayken Shorde (close-up); thumbnail study of Theeldoran Library lobby.

Gods+-+montage+01.jpg

Concept sketch of Gods druid Halsen Archard
Gods+-+Archard.tif

'Actually, I think you'll find this is exactlythe right time for one of my lame parlour tricks.'

Concept sketches and paintings of battlesuit for Gods antagonist 'Nargun'- an incorporeal demon from the planet Aldar's Dark Age. Interesting note about the lined note paper- most of these babies weren't really whipped up for public consumption or intended to be formal concept art, just side scrawls beside my script notes- but hopefully they're interesting enough for those who are big into pre-production stuff.

Gods-+Nargun+01.jpg

Gods+-+Nargun+04b.tif

Gods+-+Nargun+06.tif

Gods+-+Nargun+07.tif

Gods+-+Nargun+02.tif

'No-one conquers death. Death conquers you.'

An earlier, cruder drawing and coloring technique here, this sequential precedes the third image in this thread.

Gods+sequental+0.gif

Final design and four prelim roughs for the 'Jackal' tank bikes that will feature in the second part of the Gods British comic book trilogy.

These all-terrain attack vehicles feature two elongated tilting treads that sprout climbing crampons, enabling their riders to storm even the sheer cliffs of the titan enemy mountain 'Ryzar'.

"They'll get you where you need to go, alright. What'll be left of you, anyhow."

Gods+-+Jackal+(final+version).tif

Gods+-+Jackal+04.jpg

Gods+-+Jackal+03.tif

Gods+-+Jackal+02.jpg

More mechs here. The Battlelords- fanatical disciples of the mountain fortress lord Ryzar - have at their disposal a league of flying and ambulatory attack vehicles with which to rout the almost completely unprepared populations of the planet Aldar and the wider Gods cosmos...

Gods+-+Roach+&+Raptor.jpg

"You hear somethin?"

You do all of the art and the graphics work? Looks good man. I had to buy photoshop for a business venture and ended up playing around with it with some of my art.....now all I want to do is draw and upload it to photoshop haha

Cool, RJ. For me, there are other things that are more enjoyable than drawing... but not many.

Battlelord 'Straaken'.

Remember when you saw the trailer for the Spielberg 'War of the Worlds' and caught a glimpse of the tripod pilot aliens, and thought they were gonna look frightening and cool?

When I finally got round to doing a rendition of what I thought I saw, this was the result: still nothing like what I thought I saw.

But I kind of like him anyway.

"Hell's he looking at us like that?"
"Ain't me he's looking at... sorry, Dyler- you're on your own!"

Straaken+04.png

Concept sketch of Sergeant Daniel Foley.

"Weather permitting, how 'bout we nuke 'em the frag off the face of the Earth?"

Gods+-+Sgt+Foley.tif

Top tenth of the twenty-kilometer tall mountain fortress exterior of the great dark god Ryzar. The charge bolts of the summit's towergun have a range far beyond the cannon's already extensive visual range, winning the weapon little popularity with Ryzar's scattered opponents.

"Mag bombs ineffective- it's cycling up! Where's our freaking evac? Stiers!! You patching me through to Dust-Off on that comm or making love to it?"

Gods+-+Fortress.tif

Some variations (plus defense screen craft designs) and close ups

Gods+-+Fortress+04.jpg

Gods+-+Various+02.jpg

Gods+-+Fortress+battlement+02.jpg

Gods+-+Fortress+03.tif

Gods+-+Fortress+various.jpg

Towergun study

Gods+-+Towergun.tif

Lt Stenguard Pasha. Uncanny sharpshooter, mop-up agent and freight haulier In these trouble economic times you have to be able to diversify.

Gods+-+Stengard+Pasha.jpg

Back