Need a repair job

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

8bitforlife

Freakalicious
Reaction score
I have a white queen emma frost by sideshow and the base has 2 chip marks in it that I have no idea how it got there and her cape were it connects to her hand is slightly broke were on the forum do I post to ask for someone to repair my stuff.

I am really distraught as this is my first sideshow and I had it in a box for years and finally took it out this year and it already has damage. It wasn't damaged when I first took it out. I think someone in my house might of dropped something on it.

Its also a low number 29/2000

So please any help would be greatly appreciated.

W told to post in this forum.

I have a white queen emma frost by sideshow and the base has 2 chip marks in it that I have no idea how it got there and her cape were it connects to her hand is slightly broke were on the forum do I post to ask for someone to repair my stuff.

I am really distraught as this is my first sideshow and I had it in a box for years and finally took it out this year and it already has damage. It wasn't damaged when I first took it out. I think someone in my house might of dropped something on it.

Its also a low number 29/2000

So please any help would be greatly appreciated.

W told to post in this forum.

Some pictures would help to evaluate the issue.

Here is the pics the strap is hard to see because I dont want to move the tip again as it well probably snap off.

photo 1.JPGphoto 2.JPG

Hmmm.., the base you can probably just do up with some paint, but I can't see the cape very well... Can you get a clearer pic if not may e you can describe the damage. Also, it might help us to know where you are geographically there are many talented Freaks around the world... Maybe one is nearby.

not sure about just using paint, wouldn't it take a couple layers to make it smooth? with the cape its almost broke off but if i try to bend it down to show the damage its libel to break off. I am located in Hawaii on the island of Kauai. I am at work now so wont be able to take another pic till tomorrow as i am a projectionist.

I am no artist and I tend to be a bit clumsy so I would rather get someone other than myself to repair it. But you think it can be repaired so my ocd wont always kick in?

not sure about just using paint, wouldn't it take a couple layers to make it smooth? with the cape its almost broke off but if i try to bend it down to show the damage its libel to break off. I am located in Hawaii on the island of Kauai. I am at work now so wont be able to take another pic till tomorrow as i am a projectionist.

I am no artist and I tend to be a bit clumsy so I would rather get someone other than myself to repair it. But you think it can be repaired so my ocd wont always kick in?

Just about anything can be repaired. You just need to find the person with the right skills and be willing to pay for that skill. I would contact Spazzy or Vince Vell.

for the base i would layer it up with epoxy, sand, smooth repaint(blacks are easy) ...Strap reglue if needed and touch up(the photo is not clear so I really cant tell exactly what)...easy job for anyone with some skills...good luck...oh and go find the household member that did that...

for the base i would layer it up with epoxy, sand, smooth repaint(blacks are easy) ...Strap reglue if needed and touch up(the photo is not clear so I really cant tell exactly what)...easy job for anyone with some skills...good luck...oh and go find the household member that did that...

Yeah for the cape I need ATLEAST a cleared photo. Don't risk snapping the cape, but focused more on the area would help in natural light. The flash is bleeding out all of the detail. As for the base I don't think the base is chipped, just the paint. One layer of primer, followed by the brown for the floor, and then the black coat. So a layer of primer followed by two coats of black might get it done.

Try Maybang Collectibles, my Salacious Crumb 1:1 had a cracked finger all the way through and they repaired it. They did an unbelievable job, I couldn't tell where the crack was originally. Very reasonable price too!

Back