The Strain on FX - starts July 13

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Matt S

Super Freak
CF Supporter
Reaction score

Let me get one thing out of the way - this is a vampire story. However, it is not a Twilight, Vampire Diaries, or True Blood type vampire story. Think more along the lines of '30 Days of Night' style with a science edge. I promise you'll never look at worms the same way again...its scary

Read the books when they hit years back (first two anyways), and am in the process of re-reading them all......forgot how much fun and action packed the story was.

Now, the trailer will make it look like a Fringe rip off - the plane really has zero to do with the story

Pumped for the premiere. Glad its not on network tv - should be a little more edgy

Last edited:
It was a pretty decent three novel trilogy that Hogan and del Toro came up with and having both of them involved in the series should make for a pretty damn fine television adaptation.

The graphic novel adaptation is pretty good too. Amazon had the digital first volume marked pretty low last time I checked, in case you are on the fence about the show or original novels.

Apparently the audio novel is done by........no shockers as he's a long time Del Torro collaborator.....Ron Pearlman!
i gotta say, i don't often re-read the same novel a mere 4 years later, but damn if the Strain isn't great second time around!

Can't wait for this to start! The books were a good read and the characters are great. Hope they cast well and it translates onscreen.

Kevin Durand is Fet....think he's a good choice...! I like how the cast reflects the actors = Eph is a white dude, nora is hispanic, Fet seems like he is still Russian in origin, etc. I appreciate when the source material is actually respected, so that gives me a lot of hope

I'm excited for this. Finished the strain the other day and picked up the fall yesterday. Hope the show is as good as the book was.

I also thought that the books were written to be screen plays - they seemed to take into consideration the pitfalls of adaptation right up front and make themselves condusive to the process. I have high hopes.

I also thought that the books were written to be screen plays - they seemed to take into consideration the pitfalls of adaptation right up front and make themselves condusive to the process. I have high hopes.

Yup! I believe it was always intended to be a tv show, but he was rejected and then they were turned into the book series.

I read the first 2 books but never got around to grabbing the third. I'm looking forward to the show! Glad Del Toro is involved still. :)

Interested in seeing this...honestly I wasn't too interested in the books as I thought that they didn't match the hype, but I'll still watch this.

I am totally against Walder Frey playing a good guy, though. :mad:

I have been looking forward to this for a long time. The trailer looks promising and where this is fx, they should be able to et away with a little more blood/gore. Can't wait for July 13th. :yess:

Back