AHAB'S Figures and Environments

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ahab

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hello!

Attached is my take on a K-3PO... modded on the Medicom TC-14. I am currently working on a Hoth-like display, so I'll post the figure "build up" as well as the diorama progress in future posts.

Thanks!

-Ahab-

Attachments

• k3po1.jpg
    k3po1.jpg
    204.6 KB · Views: 1,063
  • k3po2.jpg
    k3po2.jpg
    277.3 KB · Views: 1,073
Re: AHAB'S K-3PO

Thanks everyone!

Natedog. Indeed, the diorama will be Hoth-command-center in flavor... Matt S. Those extra attachments are elements I added for a unique "K" model. The antennae is telescopic (and magnetic) and the details on the other side of his backpack contain the switch for the chest lights. I'll upload those in-progress images a little later this evening.

Thanks,
-Ahab-

Here are some of the progress photos of the figure modifications.

Thanks for lookin!

-Ahab-

Attachments

• K-3po build 1.jpg
    K-3po build 1.jpg
    375.8 KB · Views: 956
  • K-3po build 2.jpg
    K-3po build 2.jpg
    283.5 KB · Views: 966

Thanks for the comments!

Indeed, in the film, those details(that I've substituted with blue LEDS) are red graphics... If fact, I experimented with red LED at first, but it gave it an almost 'imperial' vibe. There seems to be something sinister about a dominant red light source on figures this scale. Blue gave it a more neutral feel. My interpretation is definitely non-canon!

Diorama pics next!

Thanks,
-Ahab-

Re: AHAB'S K-3PO, CUSTOM FIGURES AND ENVIRONMENTS

Not Hoth, but I thought I'd share another work in progress...

Attached are the early bones of the Lars Homestead "entry dome" (as seen in Episode IV). Lots of work ahead, but a fun project!

The set will feature steps that descend into a lit dome, as well as peripheral props (storage canisters and clutter). The dome sits atop a base platform roughly 24" x 48"x 4". Plenty of display options...
More to come!

-Ahab-

Attachments

• Lars Homestead 1.jpg
    Lars Homestead 1.jpg
    315.6 KB · Views: 674

BTW, How do I change the thread title? Want to edit to include other projects...

Thanks!
-Ahab-

Great work, Ahab. Really like your interpretation of K-3PO. He's really got a lot of character and this Lars Homestead project is definitely going to be one to watch. Looking forward to your updates.

BTW, How do I change the thread title? Want to edit to include other projects...
Use the Edit button on your original post, then choose Go Advanced. You'll have the option on that page to change the thread title.

Last edited:
Re: AHAB'S K-3PO, Lars Homestead, Custom figures and Environments

Here is a pic its red but its still a cool idea, great work
1_ae127d7a4a4e7d06b8bc02c616058233.jpg

Lars homestead looks awesome so far. I'd love to make more pieces like this. No room! I could easily fill a warehouse with the stuff I'd like to buy/make.

Thanks Guys!

I have a couple Hoth themed displays growing along side the Homestead build. Here is a rebel corridor display in the foam sculpting stage:
Having a droid do the work saves a lot of time!

-Ahab-

Attachments

• rebel base corridor 1.jpg
    rebel base corridor 1.jpg
    369.5 KB · Views: 585
  • rebel base corridor 2.jpg
    rebel base corridor 2.jpg
    378.3 KB · Views: 583
Re: AHAB'S K-3PO, Lars Homestead, Rebel Corridor(HOTH) Custom figures and Environment

:lol Ha ha... That's awesome! Great work.

Back