Removing Hot Toys forearms?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ahh of course! Much better idea Robbie :) Did you swap the forearms on the han solo or was it the full arm?

Although hot water does work... I find it's takes less time than a hair dryer (especially heads) but of course you do have to heat it up in the microwave first :lol

I've found with the standard bodies (like what's pictured above) I can usually just slide them apart w/o heat.

Ahh of course! Much better idea Robbie :) Did you swap the forearms on the han solo or was it the full arm?

I just did the belt rig for Han. I didn't even see the figure with clothing till it was posted.

I have removed every style of HT bodies that I can think of using a hairdryer. The standards, as noted above, often don't need it. I have had a couple that have had the connections glued but I don't think they were HTs. The Bruce and muscle bodies really need the hair dryer to get them apart.

Yeah, muscular bodies use more of a traditional peg and I'd think w/o heat you'd be more likely to snap the peg than get it off.

cheers guys, yeah will definitly be applying the heat first. So I'm swapping arms between an Ezio and Mandarin body. I'm assuming they are more like the standard bodys than the sculpted muscular ones so hopefully they come off easier.

I also noticed there are screw holes on the forearm to take the two peices apart, though I don't want to risk mashing up those screw covers :rolleyes2

Back