Prop 1/1 Lifesize Bad era Michael Jackson bust

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

godaiking

Super Freak
Reaction score
Just fnished this for a Japanese customer, just in time before Michael's 5th anniversary of his death. Can't wait to make one of these for myself.

bad_era_lifesize_bust_michael_jackson_1_1_by_godaiking-d7nf7sx.jpg

bad_era_lifesize_bust_michael_jackson_1_1_by_godaiking-d7nf8jm.jpg

bad_era_lifesize_bust_michael_jackson_1_1_by_godaiking-d7nf8a2.jpg

I'm not into anything about him, but it looks like you went back in time and cut off his head. It's his absolute doppleganger!

I'm not into anything about him, but it looks like you went back in time and cut off his head. It's his absolute doppleganger!

I realize Michael Jackson is a polarizing figure in Pop culture history. None the less, thanks for the kind words!

GREAT job!
I know most folks just say great, or wonderful..ect. but I'd like to ask if you could elaborate on your process... Is this silicone and foam filled? If so, what type do you use? What is your molding process like..??Do you mix your own paints or do you use any particular brand? The eyes look very nice what are they, glass, acrylic..? Lastly, what did you use for hair..mohair, or real human hair.. I see around the hairline that this looks to be punched..? Thanks in advance for any info you can tell us...:)

I was expecting stone or clay. That's just a great display of talent.

Thanks for the kind words everyone. For the first time ever, I had a fan pick Michael up in person....all the way from Japan. Thanks Hitoshi!

hitoshi_and_michael__by_godaiking-d7nuh4p.jpg

good lord, that is, for lack of a better word, perfect. This might be an ignorant question, but are you a professional sculpture working with any of the big companies??? This bust has more realism than anything I have seen. Thanks for sharing.

Needs move-able eyes, ha.

Too real, gj. Looks a little small, but I am guessing that is due to the bust sitting farther back from the cam.

Needs move-able eyes, ha.

Too real, gj. Looks a little small, but I am guessing that is due to the bust sitting farther back from the cam.

LOL. It's a perspective shot. The head is similiar in size as the guy who bought it. Mike did have a small head and frame though.

5833712641_4af0ff8c51_o_by_godaiking-d7ny8w6.jpg

good lord, that is, for lack of a better word, perfect. This might be an ignorant question, but are you a professional sculpture working with any of the big companies??? This bust has more realism than anything I have seen. Thanks for sharing.

Thanks! Nah, no work for big companies yet. I need to try eventually....but been busy with other projects ya know?

One last pic here:

another_angle_by_godaiking-d7ny72a.jpg

Madame Tussauds should hire you on the spot. Your sculpts are light years better than anything they have. Amazing talent you have.

Back