Updated Frodo PF Production Photo's!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I still don't think it's a great likeness, but it looks a hell of a lot better to me than the prototype.

Believe it or not, if those are production pics, then they look much better. Does anyone have the proto pics for comparison? If I recall wasn't Frodo looking straight more and not up?

Well...1 eye is looking forward and 1 eye up...so it's hard to say :D

Kinda looks like a pug in one of the close up pics...I'm getting him though so I shouldn't knock his appearance.

Well, the new photos are a lot better than I remember. The likeness is still somewhat in question. But DEFINITELY lazy eye syndrome....he's like a mixture of Frodo and Sloth....

7144_press06-001.jpg

The lighter skin tone is much improved - Elijah never was much of a tanning bed kind of guy.

Lots of people have been calling this way of painting the eyes "lazy eye" but I've never had a problem with it. I think it's more a stylistic approach than something wrong witht the paint process.

Painting one eye looking straight ahead and one eye looking off to the left is a stylistic approach? If so, I hope it's one they abandon quickly.

TheObsoleteMan said:
Painting one eye looking straight ahead and one eye looking off to the left is a stylistic approach? If so, I hope it's one they abandon quickly.
:lol :lol :lol

Overall, I think it looks much better. I'm sure that mine won't have a lazy eye, and that would be my only criticism based on the new pictures. I am looking forward to getting him.

7144_press05-001.jpg

I agree Tom...my only criticism is the lazy eye...overall I'm really looking forward to receiving it.

Yeah, looks EVEN better. The likeness is there for sure. Maybe not spot on but darn close.

Back