Birdman (Michael Keaton)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The cinematography in this looks gorgeous. There's some great shots in the trailer alone.

Not sure about the plot though, seems weird. I know months back that they said this was going to be a a dark "dramedy", but I don't really know what it's about. Is it a washed up actor/superstar turned bum trying to make a comeback on stage? Dunno.

The cinematography in this looks gorgeous. There's some great shots in the trailer alone.

Not sure about the plot though, seems weird. I know months back that they said this was going to be a a dark "dramedy", but I don't really know what it's about. Is it a washed up actor/superstar turned bum trying to make a comeback on stage? Dunno.

Hope it's not going to be a running gag with every Batman actor. First West, now Keaton. You hear that Val Kilmer?

birdman-03.jpg

I like Keaton, but I don't see this as a parody of his Batman (and post-Batman) career. He didn't become washed-up after his Batman movies, and playing Batman didn't typecast him out of other roles. If anything, playing Batman broke his typecast as until that point he was mostly known for comedy with a few exceptions like Clean and Sober. I remember him saying that he's very grateful that he played Batman, because it allowed him to be more choosy about what roles he took after that.

Hope it's not going to be a running gag with every Batman actor. First West, now Keaton. You hear that Val Kilmer?

Christian Bale in Birdman Begins (2030)

Back